Different kind of recommendation

Redz24

Ok, I have my mums 50th party coming. And I have bought a dress (this is a first in a long time lol), this one in fact,

me-1.jpg

I have brown hair, brown eyes and a slightly tanned face.

I was wondering what colour of eye shadow I should go with?

Any help is much appreciated.
greengrin.gif

Holy Rapture

First off, that's a really pretty dress and suits you perfect
smiles.gif

What I think is, for such vibrant and sharp dresses, the eye shadow needs to be a contrast, no matchy-matchy. I'd suggest colours like yellow, silver, gold, pink, coral, green, lilac ... Maybe do a smoky eye with carbon or any black for the outer-v ... HTH!

Redz24

Thank you!
greengrin.gif

I will be having a play around so I can get it right.

One thing I wasn't sure about was using blue or black full on.

Almond_Eyed

I would go with something in the yellow/orange/gold family, some possibilities are Amber Lights, but you could do a matte look using Chrome Yellow. I would try to keep the eyes bright and dramatic so your dress doesn't overpower your face. Some black liquid liner and fake lashes would be a nice contrast with a yellow/gold lid.

For the lips, I would stick to a nude or light pink, and easy on the colour for the cheeks as well.

<3

caramel_geek

Very nice dress
smiles.gif

I'd go with yellow on the lid (something like Bright Future or Crest the wave or Goldmine or anything like that). And use some greys (like Knight) and black to smoke out the outer V. For the outer v color, you could go with Typographic as well.

As for lips, go with something very toned down and a light peachy cheeks would look great.

HTH!

Makeup Emporium

Very pretty dress! I second the black smokey eye with a nude lip! I find it always works well for dressier occasions. Have fun!!