divorce

jokers_kick

My parents are officially divorced as of today. I was fine throughout the whole thing until now, its just sort of all hitting me. They're another one of those couples that didn't work out. Even after 21 years of marriage. I still have to constantly deal with being in the middle of everything because I'm an only child, and it's soooooo stressful. I don't expect them to totally understand where I'm coming from, but they treat me like I'm some kind of middle man. Nothing I can do or say can help and they're extrememly stubborn people. And I just don't know what to do anymore.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

That blows, my parents divorced when I was 12, I'm 19 now and they still use me as the "middle man", it sucks big time. I imagine it sucks for you especially, knowing how long they've been together and being an only child and not really having anyone to talk to if you know what I mean. It's never easy, but I promise you will get thru it!

*big hugz & a friendly, warm smile*

jenjunsan

Damn girl that sucks! Have you tried talking to them? You are just old enough for them to lay it on you, but just young enough to still want to please both of them. (Assuming you feel the same about both) Hopefully, they will see that it is not in your best interest to put you in the middle. If you have a good enough relationship with either one, I would tell them truthfully that you are uncomfortible bring the "middle man". I can not say honestly that I know how it feels since my parents have been married for over 40 years, but my husband went through the divorce of his parents after over 20 years. He finally got to where he had to set them both down and tell them he loved them, but that he loved them separately and would no longer be put in the middle or made to make choices and that if they loved him, they would not make him. Now, several years later he had a wonderful relationship with both (his father passed away in November), but he has no regrets. It was a hard road since they hated each other so much, but he made it through and I am sure you will too. God bless!

JunkaLunk

I know exactly how you feel. My parents have been divorced for seven years now, and at the time it got really nasty. There were lawyers and everything involved, i was constantly being asked who I wanted to live with. And my parents despised eachother for a long period of time. In the end, I didnt get to choose, But i remember having so much pressure from my mom. I know exactly how you feel being the middle man. My moms moved on had more babies
greengrin.gif
and a new husband but she still asks me to live come live with her. Your parents love you very much, and I'm positive if you talk to them they will surely listen.

kimmy

it's better to just tell them both you don't want to be involved in it. i guess i got lucky, my parents divorced when i was very very young so i didn't really know what went on. when my dad ended his second marriage, i hated his wife, so it didn't really affect me.

the best way to look at it is that they're both happier now, i'm sure. whatever broke them up is no longer an issue, you know?

but i would definately tell them to not drag you into it. this is their problem, not yours and you shouldn't be a part of it. it's not your fault things happened, so it's not your job to fix it
winks.gif

hope you feel better, nat. i know it can be difficult :\