DIY lip palette?

diesel

I can't remember where I saw this, but it is something I'd love. Does anyone know if it's available at pro stores, or was it LE in a particular collection?

TIA!
greengrin.gif

diesel

ooooh, thanks so much everyone! Those Japonesque palettes are AWESOME, if that brand was sold in Ottawa my wallet would be in trouble!

RussianSexpot

Woohoo!!! Another crazy thing for me to do with my makeup
greengrin.gif

But I have questions:

1. So this lip pallette thing MAC is doing, it is the same as buying a pallette and getting them to put eyeshadow in it or what? How does it work?

2. If I wanted just to buy the empty lip pallette, where do they sell it? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen it on MAC.

mich.

diesel

I think yes for question 1, and check jillmarie's MUA link for deets. The rest of the thread says you can get them at the Pro/freestanding stores.

Lo-Fi_Thriller

im too scared to mess up my beautiful lipsticks! i would have to buy extras so i can carry them around and get B2M after i dig em all out

mac_obsession

japonesque makes a few different ones. Inexpensive compared to a mac one...Its about $11 for a 5-6 well palette and comes with a brush and a stirrer thingy...Trade Secret Salons sell japonesque, and/or you can always find them on ebay for a reasonable price.

RussianSexpot

I was about to say, I went onto their website and didn't see any prices or any way to order them - figured they only sold to companies I guess....

mich.

diesel

ooooohhhhh mac_obsession you made my day! they're putting a trade secrets into the closest mall, hopefully they'll be selling Japonesque and the palettes!
greengrin.gif

AlliSwan

I made a mad dash to Trade Secret as soon as I got off work today and got TWO of the 6-well palettes, they're so cute! I love that they're logo-free. Anyway, I'd never been in a Trade Secret (not much one for the hair products) and apparently they have awesome sales like, EVERY DAY, and today was BOGO1/2 off, so I got two 6-well palettes for $17. They didn't have the larger palettes at my store, but I prefer the tiny portability. I was loving the melting and pouring so much that I ran out of lipsticks to use and starting melting down the white-hued lip conditioner and adding pigment, I'm telling you, the sheen and dispersement of color is INCREDIBLE!!! I am going to buy tons of little lipgloss pots after work tomorrow because everyone at my work wants their own pigment-mixed shade now. I posted pics on MUA under Alliswan but I can't get them to work here, I'm such a moron with computers. GIVE THIS A TRY, I CANNOT RAVE ENOUGH!!

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan11
I made a mad dash to Trade Secret as soon as I got off work today and got TWO of the 6-well palettes, they're so cute! I love that they're logo-free. Anyway, I'd never been in a Trade Secret (not much one for the hair products) and apparently they have awesome sales like, EVERY DAY, and today was BOGO1/2 off, so I got two 6-well palettes for $17. They didn't have the larger palettes at my store, but I prefer the tiny portability. I was loving the melting and pouring so much that I ran out of lipsticks to use and starting melting down the white-hued lip conditioner and adding pigment

Yeah trade secret rocks. If you get to know the girls there they give you all sorts of discounts, samples and calenders that tell you when such and such is on sale heh.

I also get my hair cut there.
greengrin.gif

Melting lip balm and mixing pigments in is exactly why I bought the wells
greengrin.gif
I cant wait to do it, and make some interesting colors
greengrin.gif

ishtarchick

Amazing!!! never thought provence would make such a lovely lipbalm! It's a pitty I've got no idea where to get those thingys here.
I took the liberty of posting your pics bc they're so cool, hope you don't mind me doing it, if there's any problem I'll remove them
greengrin.gif

326517.jpeg

provence and coco
326512.jpeg

AlliSwan

Eros, Faux, and Blankety were all just melted from their original form and left alone. Provence and Kitschmas were about 4 parts MAC SPF 15 lip conditioner to 1 part pigment. Deckchair was about 3 parts Rosebud Salve to 2 parts Deckchair. Lastly, Coco was for a friend who wanted a "glossy coco lipstick" so it's 2 parts Blankety, 2 parts MAC lip conditioner, and 1 part (plus a little dash extra!) Coco.

banana

I was going to throw some lipsticks I don't like away but now I'm going to keep them and make custom gloss! How do you do it, do you just melt them in the microwave?