Do all loose minerals eyeshadows fade after a couple hours?

queenlerxst

Is this normal? The only ones I've tried were from Everyday Minerals and I was really looking forward to them...so sad. I love their foundation though.
thmbup.gif

Just wondering if other all natural loose mineral shadows had a short lifespan.

Margolicious

I always use udpp before my mineral shadow. or you could use a shade stick or a paint as both work really well as bases. because i use one of the above three first, my mineral eye makeup does not go away until i take it off. hope this helps
smiles.gif

aziajs

When I tired BE shadows for the first time I had the same problem. I use MUFE Mist & Fix to apply the shadows wet and that really seems to set them. I also use a base first as well.

astronaut

I use UDPP and there doesn't seem to be a problem. I've used alima, Everyday Minerals, and Aromaleigh mineral shadows.

MACATTAK

I use mine over a base & wet with a mixing medium. I love how they look...you would think it's Mac!

GlamYOURUs

They do so its best to use a mixing medium with them instead of using it dry. And of course use a base or concealer underneath them. I have found that concealer actually holds the BE colors in very well than UDPP or paintpots. You should try that. HTH!

L281173

I lightly mist my eyeshadow brush with water before applying mineral or loose eyeshadows.

DirtyHarriet

the too faced primer works really well for me.

also, try shade sticks as a base - they're super sticky, and make even the most stubborn mineral shadows stick for me.

avoid putting your mineral foundation on your eye lids before you add base...this has made the most difference for me!

GOOD LUCK!
smiles.gif

it really depends on the brand of mineral shadows in my experience...some fade easily while some stay put the whole day either wet or dry application...using a base and foiling them really helps too big time
smiles.gif

my fave brands that stays put on my oily lids are:
- Taylormade minerals
- Bare Escentuals glimmers
- Valerie Beauty
- Monave
- Lumiere

vivify

I did not like Everyday mineral shadows at all. Not pigmented enough, faded quickly, and creased even when I used a base. I have had great results with The She Space and Fyrinnae

cmonster

If you use some sort of base on your lid then it shouldn't fade for the day (or most of it). Try using UDPP or shadow insurance by too faced. Or you can try using MAC Fix+. If you don't want to spend too much money, a little bit of wet concealer or liquid foundation on the lid should be fine too. The shadow just needs some moisture to bind onto your lid.

P.S water works too...its probably the least 'long lasting' though

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlerxst
Is this normal? The only ones I've tried were from Everyday Minerals and I was really looking forward to them...so sad. I love their foundation though.
thmbup.gif

Just wondering if other all natural loose mineral shadows had a short lifespan.

It is normal tat they don´t stay as vibrant as, sy, MAC e/s or pigments, since they don´t contain as many additives.

A good base, like UDPP or TOO Faced SI helps, but you will notice some fading at the end of the day.

EDM has pretty good eyeshadows, other companies I can recommend for their e/s are Silk Naturals (Karen has come up with perfect dupes for the Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes and Shimmering Nudes palettes, as well as great dupes of MAC e/s and pigments) and Adorned with Grace (great, vibrant colours, smooth application, love Franchesca´s e/s!!!).

Many people love Fyrinnae for their e/s, as well as Archetype minerals and The She Space minerals. I haven´t tested those myself, though.

HTH!

usmcwife27

I think the staying power to any eyeshadow even a cheaper brand is all about the primer. UDPP is the best and keeps shadows around all day.
winks.gif

jbinkley

I use Sheer Miracle's eyeshadow and it works for me all day long. I first turned to them due to their collection of colors (somewhere north of 40 I believe).

nursejan2

I find paint pots doesn't do anything to keep eyeshadows stay put on my Asian eyes, but UUPP does. Love this primer!

Flowitu

I don't use Everyday minerals eyeshadows.. I think with regular cosmetics, they fade on me becasue I'm oily lid. Even MAC (pigments), Dior, YSL fades on me. Tht's why I sometimes use a primer to help them stay longer. :p

Hippobon

i have pure luxe and face front
face front is really good, stay on for whole day, and really pigmented. comparable with mac pigment
pure luxe is okay, if u apply them wet they stay on, but they don't if i apply them dry
i always use udpp/tfsi before my eyeshadows