Do any of you do your own acyrlic nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerkaitlin

I really want to start doing my own. I'm too much of a perfectionist and no one around here can get them perfect enough for me. Plus it's pricey, lol.

Any tips/advice/help? I'd totally appreciate it.
greengrin.gif

redambition

doing acrylic nails yourself is generally not recommended, unless you are a nail tech and you know what you are doing. It's a very particular and finicky process, and it's very easy to get wrong - and getting it wrong could mean damage to your nails which is permanent or takes a long time to heal.

if you want to look into what's required to do them yourself a google search should bring up tutorials.

i advise you to proceed with caution... i've had my nails damaged by getting acrylics done professionally and it was many months until they were better.

there was also another thread on this topic here that has some useful info from michie
smiles.gif

spencerkaitlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
doing acrylic nails yourself is generally not recommended, unless you are a nail tech and you know what you are doing. It's a very particular and finicky process, and it's very easy to get wrong - and getting it wrong could mean damage to your nails which is permanent or takes a long time to heal.

if you want to look into what's required to do them yourself a google search should bring up tutorials.

i advise you to proceed with caution... i've had my nails damaged by getting acrylics done professionally and it was many months until they were better.

there was also another thread on this topic here that has some useful info from michie
smiles.gif

Yeah I did Google and check out the tutorials, but wanted some advice from everyone on here as well.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

I thought about doing my own gels once... and then I remembered I am completely useless with my left hand... and wondered how I'd do my right hand
greengrin.gif
I'd imagine you'd have to be rather ambidextrous to get everything matching and looking good.

spencerkaitlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
I thought about doing my own gels once... and then I remembered I am completely useless with my left hand... and wondered how I'd do my right hand
greengrin.gif
I'd imagine you'd have to be rather ambidextrous to get everything matching and looking good.

Haha, it's a good thing I am! I'm not as good with my left but it's pretty close!

hello_kitty

ooo, you're so lucky! i am sure i could apply the gel with my left hand, but damn, i wouldn't want to put that electric dremel file thing in my left hand... that could be deadly!

(:KrIsTy:)

Im fussy about mine too, they always do them too short or too long, so i just went and brought stick on one's from nailene

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.