Do people stare at you in bold mac lipstick?

chocoheart

When you wear bold mac lipsticks do people stare at you? I wore the purple lipstick called heroine from the mac reel sexy collection around and a couple of people were staring at me. Maybe purple lipstick is ugly on me or maybe it was just too bold? What lipstick do people stare at you when you wear? Do you feel self concious, embarrassed or do you simply not care?

Dominique33

Hi,

Yes definitely ! I live in Bordeaux ( but I know Paris very well ), people here don't like bold colours esp. on the lips, and even on the cheeks ( I sometimes wear Frankly Scarlet from M.A.C ). One day I was wearing full Fushia from M.A.C and people sometimes stared at me ! I don't mind or pay attention to this, I love colours and make-up. I use great brands ( Chanel, Guerlain, M.A.C, NARS... ) and pigments look never vulgar or common, quite the opposite pigments from Nars or M.A.C are just great !

chocoheart

Cool bordeaux! I love french soccer teams. My favorite player Yoann Gourcuff plays for bordeaux : ) . Yes I heard the french are really into natural beauty. Clear lipbalm and light foundation

Hi,

Yes definitely ! I live in Bordeaux ( but I know Paris very well ), people here don't like bold colours esp. on the lips, and even on the cheeks ( I sometimes wear Frankly Scarlet from M.A.C ). One day I was wearing full Fushia from M.A.C and people sometimes stared at me ! I don't mind or pay attention to this, I love colours and make-up. I use great brands ( Chanel, Guerlain, M.A.C, NARS... ) and pigments look never vulgar or common, quite the opposite pigments from Nars or M.A.C are just great !

Dominique33

Thanks ! I don't know the soccer team ( sorry... )
greengrin.gif
but you know better than I !
Women and girls here don't use bright colours, they often use eye make-up ( Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 ), and glosses or sheer " shine " lipsticks. The BB creams too and a lot of nail polishes. Natural shades generally speaking. Some use bold make-up though.
Perfumes they like : " Miss Dior " which is very bad, " Shalimar " which is a masterpiece, " J'Adore " which again is not so good ( depends on the version ) and " Angel " which I dislike. And others too !
Bordeaux is not so cool, we don't have Stila, Chantecaille, Illamasqua, Zoya, Tarte and so on..
We have wineyards oh yes !

DanceLovesMAC

People do tend to stare. Yesterday I wore Heroine myself with Viva Glam Nicki over the top. I loved it, but for the non makeup lover it's probably a bit much. However, I also happen to be a petite woman with really big, naturally curly hair, so i'm pretty used to it as people tend to stare anyway. Bright colors make me feel like a peacock :) maybe some of the bystanders will be inspired to take a makeup risk!

sosdrielle

People definitely seem to pay more attention and look at you when you wear bold or bright lipstick. In the beginning it made me feel uncomfortable, but you get over it quickly enough if you love lipstick! It does make me realise how few people wear bold lipstick, at least where I live.