Do you buy makeup for personal or professional use?

Kaz

After seeing all the pics and stuff in the Hauls and Traincase sections it made me wonder why everyone has such nice big collections? Does everyone here mainly work as a MUA or is looking to be one? Or is it just about addiction of getting all the colors and special things?
graucho.gif

I'm also wondering how much makeup I should have and when I should stop cause i'm never going to be an artist. Hehe. Oh and sorry if this has been posted somewhere, I tried a search and couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks all
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

Re how much you SHOULD have is a personal choice. For me, I wanted a wide range of colours, and I'm really favouring neutrals and pinks at the moment so that part of my collection is growing. I love pigments b/c they are versatile and last so damn long, that I'll prob keep adding with new ones as they get released. I also check out the new collections and try and swatch in store with similar colours I already have--doing that I've been able to bypass some e/s I loved in store but were essentially dupes for me. But sometimes theres an LE colour that you just WANT to have, so you get it.

A person should probably stop when they think they have enough to cover the looks they want, and have enough variety that they are satisfied with not adding more. *shrug* I thought I was going to stop buying at the end of last year, but there have been some stellar colours for me (and I'm buliding my lipstick collection) so that idea went out the window.

And for me (though I've not posted my collection yet--I hope to this summer after I get a new digital camera) I'm not an MA and its just personal, and I love buying new beauty products!!

Melly44

I buy for personal use
smiles.gif
.. and i buy basically what ever i like alot of girls here have WAY more then me and thats wicked... but i think i still have alot compared to half of my friends and stuff.. i just buy what i like and what im going to use.. i can't really afford to buy what im not gunna use
smiles.gif
although i do like trying new things with make up i do some times go outta my normal color range on what i like!

GlamYOURUs

Strictly personal use. But I would love to do something on the side once I get all the colors I want. I have 4 pro palettes right now of just shadows and I have 6 pigment jars and I also want to buy more to get the collection going there. I love new colors and I try my best not to buy dupes or similar colors. And if I do, I try to sell them. Sadly, its an addiction
ssad.gif

jdepp_84

I have a bunch of makeup for personal use. I dont really think anyone would want me as their artist, im not that good when it comes to other peoples faces. As far as how much you should have....well thats personal choice.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Strictly personal use. But I would love to do something on the side once I get all the colors I want. I have 4 pro palettes right now of just shadows and I have 6 pigment jars and I also want to buy more to get the collection going there. I love new colors and I try my best not to buy dupes or similar colors. And if I do, I try to sell them. Sadly, its an addiction
ssad.gif

Yea me too(sighs)But it is a lot of fun!!

genduk26

Personal use. Some people collect jewelry more than makeup & some like makeup more. I love makeup more. how much you should have, it's your choice. i have some mac e.s for daily use... dior & chanel for special occasion. some people can't get enough with mac.
winkiss.gif
when you should stop, my opinion is when you know you need to pay off your credit card before over limit..
winks.gif
after that.... up to you
tong.gif

queenlerxst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonspell
Personal use, it’s an healthy hobby!

Indeed.
yahoo.gif

Grad school might be really arduous right now, but at least I can make myself "feel pretty." It's one small aspect of my life that I can have control over.
th_DANCE.gif

BeautyPsycho

Personal use. I buy stuff that I KNOW I will be using, and that goes with the rest of the stuff I already have. I'm not rich enough to buy m/u that just looks pretty or is LE...
smiles.gif

Kaz

Thanks for the replies everyone.
smiles.gif
lol, kinda feel like it's ok to splurge a bit now..
drools.gif
. Nah but i'm just starting so guess it'll calm down later. Its just an uneasy feeling when someone says.. whoa, you spent that much on makeup? Even a girl helping me at Mac asked if I was in the business. lol.. scary. Anyway, thanks again all.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlerxst
Indeed.
yahoo.gif

Grad school might be really arduous right now, but at least I can make myself "feel pretty." It's one small aspect of my life that I can have control over.
th_DANCE.gif

I completely agree with this statement.
yes.gif

labellavita7

I buy for personal use, I like to pretend I'm talented with my makeup so I've invested in plenty of pigments and everything because they last forever and give great color payoff. I enjoy experimenting with my makeup once in a while, especially when I'm having an off day I can do something to perk myself up a bit haha

chocolategoddes

I can usually tell if someone is an MUA by there face products. If they have one range of foundation and concealer I assume it's there personal stash. Sometimes people post their face products and they have the fairest tones to the darkest ad I think it's fair to say they use them on others.

dromero

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm starting to expand my collection and thought I was crazy for buying so much for PERSONAL use. lol

geeko

Personal use and for collection purpose.

It gives me great pleasure just by lookin at my make up in the drawers

BlueRose

Personal use

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko
It gives me great pleasure just by lookin at my make up in the drawers

same here, hehe
looking at your organized makeup in the drawers
sigh.gif
what a pleasure