Do you hide your obsession?

glamella

LOL....I purposely rotate between 7 diff. mac counters and stores so that they don't think I'm a weirdo always checking out the new collections.

CaptainMac

this made me laugh because I do the same!
rofl.gif

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamella
LOL....I purposely rotate between 7 diff. mac counters and stores so that they don't think I'm a weirdo always checking out the new collections.

lmaoooo

as of recent i've been getting cps since i'm not near a counter/store, but when i'm back at home i'm always at the same freestanding because i love my MA. i have 4 freestandings all within 30 minutes in terms of distance and at least 8 counters that i can think off of the top of my head

mandirigma

the nordstrom counter down the street is the most convenient and the people there are so much nicer than the freestanding store, so i only like going to that one but i try SO HARD to stay away. LOL.

back home in CT, i've lost hope. every mac store/counter in hartford county knows me so well that they even recognize my mom when she goes in to buy stuff for herself ("OMG, is that your daughter?") and i haven't even lived there for like three years.

MacLover

I rotate between 3 different stores. The MAC counter in Mobile, the MAC counter in Pesacola and the MAC Store in Baton Rouge. LMAO

Sometimes I will buy off the interent from Nordstroms or MAC Cosmetics.

After typing that out I just realized....I have a SERIOUS Problem! LOL

gigiproductions

LOL i dont hide it all the MA's know it..ahaha..i had 2 at my house last night ..they were AMAZED..even more amazed at all my disc stuff

Wattage

Haha - from some counters, yes. From the Pro store, no. From my friends and family - definitely. Especially from my SO. He hates it.

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleblack
i only have one in my city, so i don't really have a choice. i'm sure they think i'm psycho though.

I only have on too, but I don't go to the counter that often, because it's too out of the way(not that far out of the way, but i'm lazy..) to drive to it..which is a good thing for me. XD or else I'd be spending alot more money. hahah.

joytheobscure

Not at Counters, because there are only two that I can possibly go to. Now some of the MAs know me at the counters and have commented that they know how much I have, lol... Plus I'm not taking classes this semester and the counters are the opposite way of my home. Now its weird when people in Ulta recognize you..... I have to get my urban decay fix occasionally too...

laceymeow

i don't go to a mac store or counter enough to hide it, but the cco ladies know who i am at 2 out of the 3 i have access to.
i DO hide it from my family because they think it's a bit crazy... i put stuff in my purse before i come in the house so they don't see it and start lecturing me.
ssad.gif
this is sad because i'm 25 years old... ah, the joys of moving back home. haha.

docmaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
I only have access to one MAC counter so tough luck for me haha... BTW wats an SO? lol *blushes*

significant other

The one that always throws me is DH (dear heart, dear husband)- because in Australia, DH is more likely to stand for a far less flattering term.
lol.gif

brandi

the sad thing is i tried to do this and when i went back to my counter they said where have you been?!? i thought you forgot about us! haahaha i told them that i have been going to the freestanding store! now thats when it's just not going to work! they already know i'm addicted and they dont care if i stay there for hours! i love them... but i'm stuck because i love the freestanding store as well!

i forgot i hide it from my mother because she hates it when i spend too much money and the BF because he thinks i'm crazy! they just dont understand!!!

MAC_Pixie04

I hide it from people around me. I'm embarrassed to show my makeup DUFFLE BAG (i dont have a traincase yet, sorry!) to people that I'm not super tight with. And I hide my MAC purchases in other bags so that my parents don't see.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I don't need to hide my habit... My bf knows I love make-up and that I wanna be a make-up artist so he encourages it LOL (yes I get to play with him
greengrin.gif
) and my moms just as nuts when it comes to cosmetics... the only thing is they won't buy me makeup coz they think I should buy what I want and them not have to guess what I have and what I don't have...

mima

OMG i was thinking of starting a similar thread a few months ago when i caught myself going to the mac counter an hour away from me instead of 5 minutes away from me to "hide my obsession" from the SAs
smiles.gif
but now the MAs in all 3 counters in my city know me by name/face anyway. thank goodness a mac store is FINALLY opening in june!

artemisa

I can't hide my obsession. I got to be such a close and permanent person to some MA's at my stand that one of the guys just invited me to his wedding.

Lealei

Oh man, I *always* have to hide my makeup purchases. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts for buying so much makeup, and I don't want my parents to know exactly how much I've been splurging on my face lol.

glamella

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisa
I can't hide my obsession. I got to be such a close and permanent person to some MA's at my stand that one of the guys just invited me to his wedding.

Wow! LMAO