Do you look like "a different person" with + without makeup?

brokenxbeauty

I don't think I look too terribly different without makeup. It depends on the day for me because sometimes I feel prettier with makeup, and sometimes I feel prettier without it. I think that because my skin has improved so much it is easier for me to feel comfortable without makeup.
I used to think I looked so much better/completely different with makeup, but others told me I looked pretty much the same... so I don't think I look like a different person with makeup!

Shadowy Lady

well, I feel better with makeup on, I'm so used to it that I feel naked w/o it. I don't think I look that different with or w/o makeup though. I don't wear false lashes or do heavy contouring. Ms skin is ok and my eyebrows are naturally full so I don't ever fill them. I will try to post a before and after pic when I get home tonight

jennifer.

absolutely yes. in fact i get frustrated over this subject because so many others think they look unacceptable without makeup when they really don't look bad at all and i WISH i could be that way.

my skin overall isn't really bad but normally i have a very uneven skintone, permanent reddish areas, freckles, and the worst, and i mean THE WORST, eye circles. i don't mean just a bluish tint under my eyes but literally my whole lid & under eye area is discolored with a brownish/bluish color. it's disgusting. i'm pretty sure it comes from my dad's side but i either look like my eyes are bruised or that i'm always wearing brown eye shadow. my mom finally made a comment about it recently and asked me if my eyes have always been that way. uh yeah, thanks mom! haha either way, it's disappointing because even though i use heavy concealer, most eye shadows i use aren't true to color because of the discoloration. even with a primer and base added! it sucks. it's so bad i've even been sent home from work before because i went without makeup one day & the manager thought i was really sick! it's so gross.

but yeah, if i'm super lazy i'll stick go out in public without makeup but i look & feel much better with it on!

BEA2LS

i do go out without it sometimes.. my skin is usually clear but i have some scarring from when i had acne

Susanne

Yes
yes.gif

At work I don't wear a lot of makeup, just very natural looks.

But I love trying a lot of different looks with makeup in my freetime!!
thmbup.gif

DSC00396-1.jpg

DSC00389-1.jpg

DSC00484-1.jpg

DSC00744-1.jpg

LMD84

hhhmmm... i think i look very much the same without make up on! my skin tone is slightly un-even so i have a slightly yellow tone near my mouth area. and of course i usually have a spot somewhere or other! but i think i look ok. so ok that for the first time in my life i have been going to work without make up on every other day
smiles.gif
i'm proud of myself for doing this because there was a time where i wouldn't leave the house without a full face on. now i will go to work and talk to strangers with my naked face. one guy at work told me i even looked nice with no make up on.

however for the record i love wearing make up and i personally prefer it when i do wear it because i like the bright colours!
smiles.gif

003-2.jpg

86e97412.jpg

the top pic is with make up and this is without make up... obviously!
tong.gif

luvsic

^ you ladies are gorgeous without makeuo (suzanne + LMD84!!) ghahh!

Today I went to a MAC pro store and got bone beige for contouring!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
Does anyone else notice that the lighting in MAC (at least the one I went to) washes makeup out a little bit? I felt like it was VERY unflattering when I walked into the store and looked in the mirror, but when I checked in the car again my makeup was fine and my eyes looked lined nicely + heavily lol...but in the store I looked washed out!! :/ It was kind of like "bathroom lighting" which totally washes out the face, and makeup.

Shanti

I think I look very different with and without makeup, obviously better WITH.
The bare minimum I'll wear when I'm out for long-ish periods of time is:
-powder foundation
-concealer for undereyes
-eyebrow powder
-contour powder below cheekbones and jawline

Without at least concealer, people think I look ill =_=
I love to doll up and wear lots of makeup when I go out, but surprisingly I get complimented the most when I wear an amount in between.

Naked face:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/382.jpg

The usual:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/016.jpg

Full face:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/102.jpg

I prefer the usual... looking like a polished version of myself, but not nearly unrecognizable.
I'm hoping I could get away with less when I eventually lose weight and get rhinoplasty in the hopefully not-so-distant future though.

darbywynn318

I don't think I look too different without makeup as I often only do foundation blush and eye makeup. I prefer to go out with makeup on as I just feel more comfortable but I can go out to do small errands without anything on. However I have to straighten my hair at least or I look like a major hot mess haha. I've been surprised by reactions to no makeup though! There are times where I have gotten a lot of positive attention without makeup and I'm always surprised haha.

Luvsic- ITA! I hate the lighting in my MAC it seems way to harsh which doesn't make sense to me. I find that it makes everyone look like they have cakey foundation no matter how good their skin is.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
carmenhoney, I can see what you are saying. I guess what I meant to say is, some people, no matter how much they wear, still look like themselves. Hmm, it's hard to describe...my sister has really pretty almond-shaped eyes, and she just doesn't look too different with or without all the eyeliner/eyeshadow/fake lashes in the world. She has natural beauty, in my opinion...maybe I am just one of those girls with a "canvas" face, who looks pretty different with and without it. Kinda like eva:

eva-longoria-without-makeup.jpg

I always considered myself a "canvas face," because I'm relatively plain. People get upset when I say that, but I'm like, "nonono, it's a good thing!" LOL! I go without make-up 90% of the time, and just a little bit of makeup 9% of the time...it's that 1% of the time when I wear make-up for pictures or clubbing that REALLY odds people out. XD

Without it--that hat is not mine, unfortunately:

n1465230008_38651_6396.jpg

With a little:

n1465230008_36443_4007.jpg

n1465230008_12821_6886.jpg

n1465230008_10729_7063.jpg

With a lot...go make-up transformations!
winks.gif

n1465230008_12256_1562.jpg

n1465230008_12820_745.jpg

5928_1105501685491_1465230008_315267_1666413_n.jpg

(Me having eyebrows is usually one of the major shockers for most people when they see me with my full face done.)

The plainer the canvas, the better the painting!
th_DANCE.gif

PS: yes, I am very freckly. I do not try to hide my freckles.
tong.gif

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti
I think I look very different with and without makeup, obviously better WITH.
The bare minimum I'll wear when I'm out for long-ish periods of time is:
-powder foundation
-concealer for undereyes
-eyebrow powder
-contour powder below cheekbones and jawline

Without at least concealer, people think I look ill =_=
I love to doll up and wear lots of makeup when I go out, but surprisingly I get complimented the most when I wear an amount in between.

Naked face:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/382.jpg

The usual:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/016.jpg

Full face:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0alone/102.jpg

I prefer the usual... looking like a polished version of myself, but not nearly unrecognizable.
I'm hoping I could get away with less when I eventually lose weight and get rhinoplasty in the hopefully not-so-distant future though.

OMG, LJ-LOVER!!
smiles.gif
hellooooo doll.

You look so gorgeous in the last picture! I think you look cute without makeup too. I agree with you - I might get some things...em, tweaked in the future too...otherwise, I'm trying to make the most of it NOW, with lots of contouring and eye makeup to distract :/

darbywynn318 - THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who noticed that! It's so odd, it's a makeup store - you're supposed to look good with your full face, not washed out! :O I'm confused as to why they do that...

Seeking Refuge

Yeah, I think I do. And others have commented on it regularly, as I work in the retail field.

I prefer myself with makeup on. I can't even leave the house lately without at least putting concealer, powder and blush on to even out my skintone. But I do tend to go for the natural look either way, even if I am wearing a full face.

luvsic

Kragey you look BEAUTIFUL with or without makeup..the B + W pictures look amazing!

I TOTALLY have a "canvas" face. My eyes take makeup pretty well, I really love contouring and playing with them. Otherwise though, I look pretty blah without anything on lol. I don't really mind though...I feel slightly naked without it, but nothing too cringe-worthy. I just say it's me not looking my best. It feels so cool when I undergo a "transformation" in the mirror when I do my makeup...yeah sounds cheesy but whatever :p

moonlit

susanne and Lou, you both look great with and without makeup..

anyways:

I do feel like a different person lol when I wear makeup.. once I have started there is no going back, people tell me I look sick without eyeliner 0_0

sometimes When I want to fake being sick at work ,it helps a lot haha

I have terrible skin- acne + pigmentation grrr so I cannot live without foundation.. and plain foundation is scary so I do wear a lil eyeliner and blush/highlighter

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit
susanne and Lou, you both look great with and without makeup..

anyways:

I do feel like a different person lol when I wear makeup.. once I have started there is no going back, people tell me I look sick without eyeliner 0_0

sometimes When I want to fake being sick at work ,it helps a lot haha

I have terrible skin- acne + pigmentation grrr so I cannot live without foundation.. and plain foundation is scary so I do wear a lil eyeliner and blush/highlighter

When I used to work in retail, my manager once told me this..."GIRL PUT ON SOME MAKEUP, YOU LOOK SICK" (I usually just had bronzer on) lol...cause I had come up to work dolled up one day, and just wearing the bare minimum the next. Apparently I looked wayyy too underdone at work =P from that day on I wore a full face.

Yep, just one of those girls who can't pull of the no makeup thing. Like you, I feel different when I wear my full face too! And yes, I do it daily :p It makes me more confident...I must look a little silly at the gym, but I go straight from class to the gym, and if I put my makeup on for class then oh well, I'm not going to take it off just for when I go to the gym :p

When I don't feel like working out in public, too, I just wear my bare face at home and jump rope. Hey, it's good cardio!

Kragey

I actually feel a little awkward going out in public with a full face of make-up on, probably because I'm not used to doing it for daytime wear. o_O Even wearing a small amount of make-up makes me feel a little hypersensitive, like when I go to class and stuff.

revinn

Can I just say, luvsic, that I am convinced we are the SAME PERSON. Every post you make could be something I wrote, I swear..

I look incredibly different without makeup. My eyebrows are rather scraggly and sparse, so filling them in makes a huge difference. I have a lot of light acne scarring, discoloration and large pores, but fortunately I can make my skin look flawless with foundation; that's another huge change. My eyes are just kind of blah, my nose looks even bigger..it's just bad.

I think my face is so plain and boring without makeup. My freshman (last year) year of university, I lived on res and I kind of cut back on the amount of makeup I wore. I was walking on campus one day with a cute outfit on, my hair done, and my makeup all done up, a change from the ponytail and sweats that had become my uniform, and I walked by my best guy friend. He did a double take and said, "I forgot what you looked like with makeup on!" This year I've kind of found a balance between done up and au naturel for timeliness sake, but I still prefer the way I look with a full face.

Boasorte

Susanne, and Kragey look amazing without makeup ( and I want that cookie in the pic lol)

Lou looks absolutely divine!!

IMO I think I look the same with or without it, I mean there's no "transformation"
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
Susanne, and Kragey look amazing without makeup ( and I want that cookie in the pic lol)

Lou looks absolutely divine!!

IMO I think I look the same with or without it, I mean there's no "transformation"
smiles.gif

aawwww
blush-anim-cl.gif
thanks sweetie. your comment has given me more confidence
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
aawwww
blush-anim-cl.gif
thanks sweetie. your comment has given me more confidence
smiles.gif

no problem! I like seeing pics of specktra members sans makeup!!!!