Do you need to be a licensed ma to work for mac?

xcutiepie331x

Hey everyone. I had a few questions about working for MAC. I've been wanting to apply for several months now, but Ive had a few concerns. Ive read several threads that said you do not need to be a licensed MA to work for them, however some people I know told me that you do need a license and have to be a "professional MA." I also heard that anyone with skills can simply apply, without a professional license. Im from California, and if i do apply im going to apply at a macys counter. Does anybody know for sure whether you need a license or not? I was also told that I would need to present a portfolio to them. Is that really required? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!!

M.A.C.tastic

i personally feel you should be required to be a State Licensed MA since its dealing with sanitation, loads of peoples skin, allergies etc, but my opinion aside, you do not have to be licensed to work at M.A.C....at least not at the counter or store anyway.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
i personally feel you should be required to be a State Licensed MA since its dealing with sanitation, loads of peoples skin, allergies etc, but my opinion aside, you do not have to be licensed to work at M.A.C....at least not at the counter or store anyway.

You will learn all of that once you are hired.

But no, you do not need to be licensed to work for MAC.