Do you own a Fake Purse?

reirei702

So I've always been a little curious and I was just wondering...

Do any of you own a fake Louis Vuitton purse? If so, how does it compare to the real ones? How close are they in terms of detail?

Sometimes I think of buying one but I'd feel cheesy if it looked really fake or smelled like plastic but real ones just feel like too much of a rip off in my opinion. hahaha I'd rather buy more makeup or clothes with $300+

While I'm asking for advice...
Does anyone know where I can get this for any less?
I saw this at the coach store the other day and i loved it!
http://www.coach.com/content/product...category_id=68

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I dont own one. but I can tell when someone is Carrying a fake one.. I got in an argument during a long road trip in a gas station restroom once over a ugly brown fake Louis Vuitton purse.(she continued to make fun of my Roxy bag, and I said "well at least its real" . haha.) the detail is not exact, the quality is Junk. Plus so many people HAVE the Fake L.V that having a real one isnt anything special anymore.

stillsoawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Plus so many people HAVE the Fake L.V that having a real one isnt anything special anymore.

so true!

Everytime I see someone carrying a purse that I suspect is fake but I'm not positive I look at the shoes they're wearing. They always give a person away. If they look expensive and stylish it's probably real. More often then not though it's a girl in old navy flip flops and then you know its fake!

reirei702

Quote:
I dont own one. but I can tell when someone is Carrying a fake one.. I got in an argument during a long road trip in a gas station restroom once over a ugly brown fake Louis Vuitton purse.(she continued to make fun of my Roxy bag, and I said "well at least its real" . haha.) the detail is not exact, the quality is Junk. Plus so many people HAVE the Fake L.V that having a real one isnt anything special anymore.

LOL What a rude lady! How does that start anyway "oh your roxy bag is ugly"???

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by reirei702
LOL What a rude lady! How does that start anyway "oh your roxy bag is ugly"???

haha no her bag was on the counter near the sink and i was just sorta glancing over at it, (this was about 3 years ago before the fake ones were popular like they are now) the conversation went like this :
keeping in mind its about midnight, and im SUPER grumpy from being stuffed in a car all freaking day.

Her : " .. its real"
me : " no its not"
Her: "yes it is"
Me : "no its not .. see the seams? the design doesnt match"
Her " (silence..) Well its still better than your stupid 'roooxxxyy' bag "
Me : "well at least mine is real"

stillsoawesome

Quote:

Her : " .. its real"
me : " no its not"
Her: "yes it is"
Me : "no its not .. see the seams? the design doesnt match"
Her " (silence..) Well its still better than your stupid 'roooxxxyy' bag "
Me : "well at least mine is real"

haha! lovesit!

GODDESS

hi,

There are many levels of quality even when it comes to knockoffs! There are ones that are soo fake, and others you can't even tell its a fake. So it depends on where you get it.

I have real and fake bags, and people can't even tell the difference!!!!
It makes you wonder why you spent $$$$ instead of $$ on a just a bag!!

Plus, your paying for the name brand!!!! Not that there isn't a difference between poor quality bags and good quality bags, just that after a certain point, a bag can't really get any better!

So all in all, if you have the money spend it, if you don't, don't......get a good knockoff!!! hehehe

Shimmer

I refuse to carry a fake purse, because of all the different things it supports (including possibly terrorism).
Not to mention I can spot a fake, and no.

If I can't afford the real thing, I don't need it.

dollbabybex

i'd rather no own it atall than own a fake....

and i'd never pay £500 for a bag people are goin to assume is fake anyway....

cos even if someone has a genuine LV i just assume its a fake anyway.

id prefer to go for a Mulberry or Chloe bag than an LV or Dior saddle bag which are always faked.

midgetfury74

no fakes, im a big fan of quality, so why would i waste my money on several crappy bags instead of pooling the money together to get one really good bag.

dollbabybex

the worst as well is when people have fake LV bags but they say.... LJ or LK or something completely random!!

Indigowaters

You can always tell who’s carrying a fake one. Look at how they’re dressed and groomed. Even if the person isn’t well off or rich, they should care about their appearance. Also, if they’re walking or catching the bus…COME ON! Who’s gonna believe you went and got the real thing instead of a used car for around that price?

Here’s my motto:
Coach is good enough for me!

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
You can always tell who’s carrying a fake one. Look at how they’re dressed and groomed. Even if the person isn’t well off or rich, they should care about their appearance. Also, if they’re walking or catching the bus…COME ON! Who’s gonna believe you went and got the real thing instead of a used car for around that price?

Here’s my motto:
Coach is good enough for me!

Firstly fakes are a no-no for me for lots of reasons!

But I can be a total scruffbag and that doesn't mean my Burberry/Dior/LV purse is a fake! I don't have time to look groomed sometimes so I grab my bag and I'm out the door!

Plus public transport is better for the environment lol maybe they're are eco-friendly label queens
cutey.gif

On a more serious note... I got kicked off the Mercedes car lot one afternoon when I was very casual and yes maybe a little scruffy. I felt awful for a while but f$£% them, we went and brought a very expensive car from somewhere else.

Shimmer

not only that but unless it's an UBER classic, they styling on ANY bag is going to become dated for a bit...so spending massive amounts of money is kind of silly, for me.
smiles.gif

Willa

When I went to NYC for 2003's new years eve, I got this one
1095510786831_126_2693.JPG

In Montreal, not a lot of people knew at the time what was this ''brand'' of purse (people are francophone, not all of them know much about international fashion, even if its from France). Anyway, I was happy to be the only one to have this purse untill it really got popular in music videos and such...

Its now in a closet, and will remain there untill... my daughter ask me to borow it. (Still aint a mother... lolll)

I'm going back to NYC at the end of the month, I cant wait to buy another purse, but this time only for the usefull purpose.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
On a more serious note... I got kicked off the Mercedes car lot one afternoon when I was very casual and yes maybe a little scruffy. I felt awful for a while but f$£% them, we went and brought a very expensive car from somewhere else.

I've seen this happen before, on less expensive dealerships and it's ricockulous. :/

Wattage

I have no problem wtih fake purses. In fact, I have considered buying them many, many times. There are some very nice and well made knock-offs out there.

Why do I think it's OK?

Some knock-off LV's can run you up to $150. But getting the real thing can be upwards of $1500. I don't care who you are, there is no way that a PURSE should cost that much. Seriously.

I could really go on and on about this but I won't. I am all for knock-off clothing and purses.

But I do agree that having a LV purse has lost its appeal from all the fakies out there. Still, IMO, it's LV's fault. At least with Coach and Burberry you can afford a purse if you are willing to shell out $400 - $500. But when all you can get is a wallet at LV for that much, I really don't feel sorry for them.