Does it really sell out???

Krystle

I have been a loyal MAC fan for a couple years now and have gone to events and stuff...but havent become obsessed until I found MUA and Specktra. I had no idea how many people out there loved MAC, and it made me wonder if LE items really sell out the day that they become availible. I am anxious to get everything on my wish list...I am wondering if I should go earlier than my appt :?:

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystle
I have been a loyal MAC fan for a couple years now and have gone to events and stuff...but havent become obsessed until I found MUA and Specktra. I had no idea how many people out there loved MAC, and it made me wonder if LE items really sell out the day that they become availible. I am anxious to get everything on my wish list...I am wondering if I should go earlier than my appt :?:

It totally depends on the item, and how much the counter gets in their shipment before the release date.

My friend works at a MAC counter, and she said that they are only gettin 15 of the Coco pigment in. But, that doesn't mean that they won't get another shipment of them in later. You just never know.

If there's something specific you know you want, you can try calling your local counter and having one of the gals hold it for you. I'm not sure if they'll do that with LE items or not.

PrettyKitty

I don't like the idea of people who have stuff saved for them, before the release date. If everybody start to do this, we will be there on the release date and some of the colors will be already sold out. Its not fair.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I don't like the idea of people who have stuff saved for them, before the release date. If everybody start to do this, we will be there on the release date and some of the colors will be already sold out. Its not fair.

Well, sometimes the Nordstrom counters will do a "presale" on upcoming LE items. So, you have to pay for them up front, sight unseen. I'm not sure if they do this for all collections, though.

Jessica

I agree w/ Pink Cosmo....it all depends and if you only have one or two counters near you, then if you really have a lemming for something, then you should probably snatch it. But then there are collections like Salsabelle, colors were great (parrot/guacamole/etc) and they were available online for quite some time after the collection was released.
I guess the final line is "How bad do you want it and can you live without it if it sells out and you don't want to pay something ridiculous for it on eBay"

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Grrrrr. I don't like that. Hehe!

Looks like I may need to go before my appointment or just order from the website as soon as it's on there. *shrugs*

Alex

I wouldn't wait because I just called my nearby pro store to find out if they were launching Star Vegas on May 5th along with D'Bohemia and they told me that they put D'Bohemia out LAST WEEK and some items were already sold out.

I know Pretty Kitty won't like this
smiles.gif
but our local SA's will hold items for my friend and I if we call ahead because of the obscene amounts of money we spend there. Fair or not, I appreciate it because due to the kind of work I do I can't be there lined up at opening time on launch day.

At our stores, LE eyeshadows are often sold out in the first day or two.

Star

The Bay often sells out within a couple of days. When something's really hot most of the girls will tell you that it's going fast if you seem to be really in love with something, so you can grab an extra (if it's LE).

beautifulxdisaster

my close counter doesn't run out much fast, only if it is a product that is holy grail to many women. It take about 3 months for my counter to completely sell out of some Diana Ross lipstick and blush and even some Madame B. things. I think some of those are still there
icon_eek.gif
However If I goto nordies in Los Cerritos things there sell out pretty fast I think but I am too lazy to go there any mpre now.

roxybc

I always go down on the very first day so I can be sure to get the LE stuff that I want. I would make pretty damn sure your waiting outside the store before it opens for the new TailorMade brush sets. The brush sets are always the first thing to sell out, cuz they're such a great buy (even though they are like $60 CDN!) I'm planning on buying the 2 brush sets and am already planning to book the day off of work just to go down!!
greengrin.gif

Krystle

I will be pre-saling the brush sets FOR SURE this year. I have for the past two years, and I am not missing this one, especially since Nordies is an hour away!!!!!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I know Pretty Kitty won't like this
smiles.gif
but our local SA's will hold items for my friend and I if we call ahead because of the obscene amounts of money we spend there. Fair or not, I appreciate it because due to the kind of work I do I can't be there lined up at opening time on launch day.

same here alex... at my counter and pro store, the MA's always hold stuff for me and my group of friends because we practically LIVE there LOL
greengrin.gif
we spend SOOO much money with them we always get stuff on hold just in case we aren't able to make it during work hours and do we ever appreciate it!!

roxybc

/\ I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that "Your pre selling the brush sets" Do you mean you will somehow have them before hand so people can buy them directly from you??

shopgirl151

I have to agree with the others... it totally depends on the specific item.

However, with that said, my local Nordstrom counter seems to have stuff in stock a lot longer than some other places. I know they still had Madame B. stuff several weeks after the big ones - Metamorph and Moth Brown, were sold out elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, they did eventually sell out, but in comparison to like, the website and many other counters, they were as slow as molasses to sell out!

Same thing with Cockatease... I took my 6 B2M empties just a few weeks ago, after it had already sold out online, and never dreamed that I would be redeeming my empties for my very own pristine tube of Cockatease, but I did.

I don't know if it's a rumor or not, but I also read that some counters are limited in the number of e/s they will receive - especially, but not limited to d'bohemia e/s, so you might want to think about that too.

All in all... I know I'm just waiting for the stuff to hit online so I can place my order asap. I'm not going to wait on this collection!
smiles.gif

Krystle

no....nordies will take pre-sales about a month before it goes on sale. You give them your credit card# and tell them what you want and the night before the stuff goes on shelves, they pull your order and charge your credit card and you are free to pick it up anytime after it goes on sale. That way you dont have to worry about it selling out, or rushing to get there. I think some stores will ship it too, but I'm not sure on that.

saramwrap

There are occasionally items that sell out very quickly -- often, a location will get very few of an item (like a dozen or less) and they just fly off the shelf. But it's a bit ridiculous... even if your local counter sells out, plenty of other locations will still have an item.

As an example, consider the popular pigment shade Coco Beach. It was "sold out" and people were paying $50+ for jars of it on eBay... and I called up a Macy's in California that sold me three jars and shipped them for retail price MONTHS after it was "rare." There are still counters with Parrot, or Guacamole, or any of the shadows from Adorn, High Tea, etc. that people are paying $$$ for.

Nordstorm will help you track down items if you call their beauty hotline.

MrsWaves

Yep! I got Parrot months after it was sold out and on ebay for a crazy amount of money.. 3 BNIB free shipping from a Nordstrom in North Carolina. I just search random Macy's & Nordstrom stores in odd areas of the country.