Does MAC Have Anything To Say About This?

User38

sure there's mercury in a lot of cosmetic products.. but there is probably more mercury in your teflon pans, your china glazed dishes and cups, and the very air we breathe.. the amount of mercury in cosmetics is minute... but it's always good for a banner press story.

RayannaBanana

sure there's mercury in a lot of cosmetic products.. but there is probably more mercury in your teflon pans, your china glazed dishes and cups, and the very air we breathe.. the amount of mercury in cosmetics is minute... but it's always good for a banner press story.

So I can keep using them without being paranoid? 2 things I use a lot one of which is MAC's Studio Finish Concealer (I can't live without it!) was on the list and I just want to forget I heard the whole thing.

sailordom

So I can keep using them without being paranoid? 2 things I use a lot one of which is MAC's Studio Finish Concealer (I can't live without it!) was on the list and I just want to forget I heard the whole thing.
HerGreyness is correct.

The suspicious part for me is that this is a poorly reported story -- there's only one source, and it is, naturally, the group that conducted the study (and it's a group with an agenda). This is just a reworked press release, with little actual reporting involved.

But this will grab lots of clicks because "OMG your makeup is going to POISON YOU!" (Why yes, I am a cynical journalist! How could you tell?
girlhaha.gif
)

katred

Specktra Bestie
ITA with HG comments. There are trace amounts of arsenic and cyanide in foods we eat all the time, including ones that are deemed health. Keep in mind that maximum recommended amounts of any material area usually set far below the threshold of danger, so the fact that some of these products may have exceeded those recommendations doesn't mean they're unsafe. I think it's an attempt to make a story where there isn't really one.

rockin

There's cyanide in apple pips. You'd have to consume a heck of a lot in one go to do any harm to yourself, though.

LMD84

i'll continue using what i want - sounds silly perhaps but i always feel like the newspaper like to make bigger stories out of small ones if you know what mean!