Does Macy's allow concealed facial piercings?

Hello!!!

I have an interview for a Macy's cosmetic counter next Tuesday, and I was wondering if they allow piercings? I know of a girl that had her nose pierced, and she had dreads at the prescriptives counter. I will always have my retainer in, I will just be really sad if I have to take it out. I know it sounds dumb, but I love it. Thanks!!!!

weezee

I'm not sure if Macy's allows that or not but what counter are you interviewing for? I know that the cosmetics companies have their own dress codes too. One counter can't wear silver, one counter can't wear gold, etc. Good luck with your interview!
thmbup.gif

I am going in for a group interview first, then I will interview for a certain counter. I can't believe one counter can't wear silver, and one can't wear gold. That is funny. Thanks for the advice!

Bernadette

The Macy's I work in allows facial piercings. If it's for cosmetics though, it will depend on the line.

Classidi

I worked for BeneFit in Macy's. It depends on your counter. I have tattoos all on my arms, my nose pierced on both sides and as welll as above my lip. Benefit didn't care.. Macy's did..

To be honest.. Unless its a MAC (bc they aren't actually Macy's) I would NEVER go back to Macy's. They do not care about their employees and make you sell about 17 credit cards a day or you get fired after awhile. I was lucky to work for Benefit, they are a pretty good company.

Either way.. Good luck on your interview!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I've seen the MAC girls at my macy's wear facial piercings.

mac's only dresscode rule is that you have to wear black. you can have whatever you want pierced, hair every color of the rainbow, and tattoos up the wazoo! but mac isn't regulated by macys. macy's can't tell us what we can and can't wear.

chocolategoddes

Yeah... MAC is pretty awesome about those things (tattoos nd peircings) but I could imagine certain lines that appeal to a different type of people would not like the facial piercings.

jetplanesex

The Macy's I work at typically doesn't care. In the dress code manual it says no unnatural hair colors, yet a girl streaked her hair with BRIGHT red and no one said a thing to her about it. A lot of girls have facial piercings... eyebrow, monroe, nose, etc and it goes along just fine. It may be dependent on WHAT Macy's you work at, but as I am in a pretty casual type town in Colorado, my boss's aren't too strict.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
mac's only dresscode rule is that you have to wear black. you can have whatever you want pierced, hair every color of the rainbow, and tattoos up the wazoo! but mac isn't regulated by macys. macy's can't tell us what we can and can't wear.

So can you guys wear just black bikini tops and hoochie shorts if you really wanted to?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
So can you guys wear just black bikini tops and hoochie shorts if you really wanted to?

not quite lol! as long as your ass ain't hangin' out, shorts and skirts can be any length. our outfit just needs to be tasteful, so no bikini tops allowed. you can wear sheer clothes, but they need to be layered over/under something black. as long as its tasteful and black, we can wear it.

breeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
not quite lol! as long as your ass ain't hangin' out, shorts and skirts can be any length. our outfit just needs to be tasteful, so no bikini tops allowed. you can wear sheer clothes, but they need to be layered over/under something black. as long as its tasteful and black, we can wear it.

What about black denim as long as it isn't faded or washed out? Like I have black pants that are blaaaack and there aren't any discoloration areas anywhere, but they are made of stretch denim. You can't really tell unless you look up close.

KimmyAnn_678

In general, a Macy's shouldn't allow denim, but I've seen some stores are more relaxed than others.. depends on the Store Manager.

I had my nose peirced working at Macy's as well.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeknee
What about black denim as long as it isn't faded or washed out? Like I have black pants that are blaaaack and there aren't any discoloration areas anywhere, but they are made of stretch denim. You can't really tell unless you look up close.

for mac, yes. macys, i'm not sure, but i don't think so.

stacylynne

iv'e seen girls at MAC counters have facial piercings, trendy hair colors, tattoos both at macy's & free standing stores.

Okay I see this is a few years old now. lol But I have the same question? I have a septum( I can always tuck that in my nose) and a vertical labret. I don't think its bad but I was wondering if a retainer was a must for this piercing? Obviously for my interview I will hide it, I'd hate to not get hired because I'm stubborn about my lip ring.