Does Soda Taise Better When Sipped Trough a Straw?!?

Raerae

I got straws with my delivery tonight and was totally excited... I LOVE drinking soda in a can, from a straw! hahaha.

I know... Simple pleasures
winks.gif

giz2000

Depending on the soda (esp. Mountain Dew Code Red), you get more burps when you drink it through a straw!! My kids do this all the time...
hmm.gif

Raerae

lol more burps? Please explin the science behind the increased burpage! haha... so funny.

IslandGirl77

I have a container full of straws. We like drinking out of straws in my house. A nice ice cold coca cola and a straw for me.
lol.gif

d_flawless

you def. get more burps with a straw, something to do with the contained air...

i agree, soda does taste better in a straw, the only way i can drink one. my granddad used to work @ a packing plant, and he said after working there, never drink soda from the can because of all the rats' feces and whatnot. can u say gross?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Ive heard about the rat crap too.. eww

I like soda from a fountain, and COLD COLD COLD I HATE soda if it isnt SUPER cold!ew! and thru a straw definitely . tastes better!

I gave up soda for my new years res. though.
ssad.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
lol more burps? Please explin the science behind the increased burpage! haha... so funny.

I have no idea why that happens...I informally tested out the theory this afternoon, and there were definitely more burps with the straws than without....
lmao.gif

jenii

I love soda with a straw. Maybe the straw gives you more bubbles at once or something, but it's just better that way. That could also explain the "more burps" thing.

ilovexnerdsx

you get more burps simply because you swallow more air, which is pretty much what a burp is. most people can make themselves burp simply by swallowing a lot of air.
smiles.gif

i dont think it necessarily makes the soda taste better but ahh...simple pleasures. i have a ton of straws in my kitchen.
th_e2cloud9.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
most people can make themselves burp simply by swallowing a lot of air.
smiles.gif

My 11 y/o son can do this...VERY loudly, too!! I, sadly, cannot...
smiles.gif