Does the polish on your hands and toenails have to match?

Bronxcutie

I am going to semi-formal 40th birthday party for my cousin. My dress is black and I have gold accessories. Right now, my toenails are a beautiful red. I plan on getting nail extensions and do not want long red nails, lol Would it look tacky if I get my nails French Manicured, while my toenails remain red?

Hilly

I think the red toes and french manicured nails would look very classy!
I rarely match my toes to my fingers...
winks.gif

msmack

I agree with Hilly. lol and I rarely have polish on my fingers...mostly on my toes (<--look naked without!)

meiming

No way, it definitely doesn't have to match and that sounds like a great combination! I myself like a more dramatic color on my toe and something simple and clean on my fingers also. I'm sure you'll look beautiful for your party.
thmbup.gif

glam8babe

thats so weird :| ive just painted my finger nails red and did a pedicure but yeh it dont have to match! and i think long red nails are sexy

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I do not believe in matching.... Go for it!!!

i hate matching same as i hate wearing the exact same colour makeup as the clothes im wearing

MsCocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I do not believe in matching.... Go for it!!!

Me neither, I think French finish goes with anything so that gives to the option to experiment on your toes.

Beauty Mark

They only should complement, not really match. Most people go for a darker/bolder color on the toes and something more neutral/light on the finger nails.

GreekChick

Matching nailpolish is a thing of the past. Like Beauty Mark said, they should complement eachother.