Doing make up for a wedding...needing advice!

MirandaTN

I am doing make up for a bride and was looking for some advice on her eye shape and also colors.... she wants a smoky brown look...her wedding is at night... very elegant. Her dress is white with a chocolate brown sash...

I for some reason seem to be lacking in the browns with my colors - so looking for some great combo selections!!

I am attaching a picture of her to show her eye shape/eye color/hair color

ANY help and advice would be appreciated!

Kiss and Makeup

Aww how cute are they!

Is she wanting to go dramatic? I absolutely love Satin Taupe from MAC as a smoky eye look. It's great on just about everyone. What I really like about it is it can, seriously, be mixed with a bunch of other colors. Espresso would be a nice complimentary color.

MirandaTN

Great ideas!! I LOVE satin taupe... I do need to get espresso... i say that every time and end up not getting it!

Thank you!!!!

Anyone else on the eye shape?? I'm afraid of closing in her eyes and making them look too small in pictures

tiramisu

if it's choc brown tho.. maybe look into what I did for my girlfriend for her wedding as another alternative... I used some MAC paint as a base, your ladyship pigment all over lid with Cargo in Martinique (I am sure MAC has a similar shade-it's like a soft plum-brown with hint of wine shade LOL--sorry for my crappy description) , Mystery in outer v (you could also use espresso there) and Wedge to blend.

Oh, I also used a bit of good ol' Carbon to darken up the outer V as well to go a bit more dramatic.
I'm saying this b/c your bride is a blonde with pinky undertones like myself!

HTH