Dolce & Gabbana Makeup

Medgal07

I don't respect what he had to say about the issue of family at all, but I'm not so offended that I wouldn't purchase D&G in the future. It just doesn't rank high enough on my scale to make me swear off their products, but it is enough for me to remember the comments and for it to taint my thoughts of the brand from here on out. What he said mostly was just foolish, IMO. Especially considering his own situation.
I couldn't agree more Shontay!!!!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

I ordered D & G lipstick in Delicious, 415 and it's due to arrive today along w/ Luminous Cheek Blush in Sole
th_DANCE.gif

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]I ordered D & G lipstick in Delicious, 415 and it's due to arrive today along w/ Luminous Cheek Blush in Sole[/COLOR]:happydance:  
:cheer: You're gonna love Delicious. Looking through Sephora online in anticipation for the sale and I realize I've never smelled the D&G Floral Drops perfume. I'll give that a whiff and see if I like it.

Mirella

Few days ago I`ve received DG Matte Lipstick in shade Lover. I really like this matte texture, the best matte lipstick ever. And now I need more of these :eyelove: This is my Lover :bump: And on my lips, realistic shade on this photo, no filters
[COLOR=0000FF]   Gorgeous!  It looks beautiful on you!!![/COLOR]
Thank you very much ! I have Sole blush also and usually use it during summer with DG Cosmopolitan or MAC Ablaze lipsticks.

Mizani

Hello ladies!! I know I am new to this thread but not completely new to D&G lipsticks. I literally just came across news that they have introduced a line of matte lips. About time, I'm so excited!! However, I am a bit concerned. I know that there are 13 shades total, but so far the US Sites that have these only carry about 8 or so. I am hoping they aren't pulling a YSL where certain colors won't/can't be sold in North America. :-( I'm interested in Dolce Jealous but haven't seen it available for purchase. I also need some swatches. T
Swatches of three of the matte lipsticks L-R: Desire, Inferno, Flirt They don't dry completely matte, I would say that the finish resembles the MAC satin one. They are crazy pigmented, I decided to try Desire yesterday and I applied it quickly without lip liner, let's just say that this is not a lipstick you can put on without a mirror :lol:  What really impressed me was that they are very long-lasting and fade evenly. Everyone, who knows me, can say that the only time when I don't have a coffee cup in my hand, is when I'm asleep. Therefore, I have to fix my lipstick on the top of my bottom lip aaaaall the time. I applied Desire around 4 pm (sorry about the messy application and the bad quality, I didn't notice that it's not focused; also I had lip balm underneath, it's way more matte without one)   I had coffee, water (from a bottle), dinner (I think it's very important to say that it included chicken wings :lol: ), then had a shower and brushed my teeth and this is a picture from 11 pm: Obviously, the shade is completely different and this is a stain but I was really happy, that I still had colour on my bottom lip! What I didn't like: They are really pigmented, so they are messy! I left marks on my cup, bottle, etc. I think I'm used to matte lipsticks that dry completely on the lips and don't leave marks, I can even touch my lips and I'll have clean fingers. This is not the case here. The shade Inferno is almost identical to Amethyst from the regular line, which I own. The only difference is in the finish. I made a lot of comparison swatches but this post is too long, so I'll post them later. 
Thank you so much for the swatches. Dolce colors are hard to come by. If you do get a chance to go back, would you mind swatching Dolce Jealous? I hate that after googling I can't find official shade descriptions of any of the colors.
It looks pretty lol Do you have a swatch pic? There are so few D&G swatches.
There really are so few D&G swatches. I'm sure it is due to them being so exclusive for one. For instance, I live in a large metro area and we don't have one D&G makeup counter anywhere. It would be nice if Neiman's had a counter. With so little swatches and no counters, most people have to order sight unseen.

mkoparanova

There really are so few D&G swatches. I'm sure it is due to them being so exclusive for one. For instance, I live in a large metro area and we don't have one D&G makeup counter anywhere. It would be nice if Neiman's had a counter. With so little swatches and no counters, most people have to order sight unseen.
Not at all! I'm actually planning to go to the store this weekend, I'll swatch it. I wasn't sure whether to buy Jealous or Inferno (the two darkest ones) but the SA suggested Inferno, as it's more unique - the only shade that it's not red in the collection. Jealous is a very nice dark burgundy, I'd buy it if I didn't have so many similar lipsticks and if I wore red more often.

As far as I know, Harrods is the only place to buy D&G makeup in England. I wish they had more counters!

awickedshape

Hello ladies!! I know I am new to this thread but not completely new to D&G lipsticks. I literally just came across news that they have introduced a line of matte lips. About time, I'm so excited!! However, I am a bit concerned. I know that there are 13 shades total, but so far the US Sites that have these only carry about 8 or so. I am hoping they aren't pulling a YSL where certain colors won't/can't be sold in North America. :-( I'm interested in Dolce Jealous but haven't seen it available for purchase. I also need some swatches. T Thank you so much for the swatches. Dolce colors are hard to come by. If you do get a chance to go back, would you mind swatching Dolce Jealous? I hate that after googling I can't find official shade descriptions of any of the colors. There really are so few D&G swatches. I'm sure it is due to them being so exclusive for one. For instance, I live in a large metro area and we don't have one D&G makeup counter anywhere. It would be nice if Neiman's had a counter. With so little swatches and no counters, most people have to order sight unseen.
Hi [@]Mizani[/@]! Yes, I saw that Saks only has ten of the Dolce Mattes. I hope bloggers get some to swatch. As much as I like the classic cream formula, for choosing colours swatches surely help, it really does suck to order "blind".

Mizani

Not at all! I'm actually planning to go to the store this weekend, I'll swatch it. I wasn't sure whether to buy Jealous or Inferno (the two darkest ones) but the SA suggested Inferno, as it's more unique - the only shade that it's not red in the collection. Jealous is a very nice dark burgundy, I'd buy it if I didn't have so many similar lipsticks and if I wore red more often.

As far as I know, Harrods is the only place to buy D&G makeup in England. I wish they had more counters!
Hello dear! Thank you so much. I would much appreciate a swatch of Jealous. Like I mentioned, I would have to order it sight unseen but I'm glad you at least have a counter!! :)

So Jealous is a dark burgundy? I'm just thankful to get a description of it because as we all know, company 'swatches' aren't accurate most of the time. LOL!

I was also interested in Inferno but I did see a swatch of that online before seeing your swatch in this thread. It is pretty but similar to colors I already own so I've decided to pass. Then there is Dolce Desire which seems very pretty but then I saw Jealous and became fixated on that one instead.
lol.gif
I'm determined to get one of these. It is just a matter of which one.

Oh and I need to correct some info in my previous thread. I just went back to the Saks website and they do indeed have Jealous. Guess it wasn't showing up properly on my tablet. Once I get a swatch then I can make my final decision. :)

Mizani

Yes, I saw that Saks only has ten of the Dolce Mattes. I hope bloggers get some to swatch. As much as I like the classic cream formula, for choosing colours swatches surely help, it really does suck to order "blind".
Hello back!!

And it most certainly does!! :(

mkoparanova

Hello dear! Thank you so much. I would much appreciate a swatch of Jealous. Like I mentioned, I would have to order it sight unseen but I'm glad you at least have a counter!! :)

So Jealous is a dark burgundy? I'm just thankful to get a description of it because as we all know, company 'swatches' aren't accurate most of the time. LOL!

I was also interested in Inferno but I did see a swatch of that online before seeing your swatch in this thread. It is pretty but similar to colors I already own so I've decided to pass. Then there is Dolce Desire which seems very pretty but then I saw Jealous and became fixated on that one instead.
lol.gif
I'm determined to get one of these. It is just a matter of which one.

Oh and I need to correct some info in my previous thread. I just went back to the Saks website and they do indeed have Jealous. Guess it wasn't showing up properly on my tablet. Once I get a swatch then I can make my final decision. :)
I'll try to swatch as many lipsticks as possible, the SAs there are very nice, so I think they wouldn't mind.

Quote: Originally Posted by awickedshape

I'm just not drawn to their eyeshadows. I like the compact but not the layout and the way they combine the shades.
Their lipsticks mostly look attractive to me (not that blue though lol is that a balm?)
I only have one quad - Desert. It's great for everyday makeup but I feel like I can't properly judge the brand's eyeshadows by a neutral matte quad. I'd try the new quad - the shades look perfect for me (from what I can see). I also want to see the new illuminator - I love Eva - and the Nude Lilac NP.
"Creamy, lustrous Shine Lipstick in a new shade of Light Blue is the perfect choice for Summer lips with its compact texture and an iridescent pale blue, semi-sheer finish." I'll definitely skip that
lol.gif

awickedshape

I'll try to swatch as many lipsticks as possible, the SAs there are very nice, so I think they wouldn't mind. I only have one quad - Desert. It's great for everyday makeup but I feel like I can't properly judge the brand's eyeshadows by a neutral matte quad. I'd try the new quad - the shades look perfect for me (from what I can see). I also want to see the new illuminator - I love Eva - and the Nude Lilac NP.  "Creamy, lustrous Shine Lipstick in a new shade of Light Blue is the perfect choice for Summer lips with its compact texture and an iridescent pale blue, semi-sheer finish." I'll definitely skip that :lol:
Compact texture? That's a first lol I can't do anything with that shade myself. Is Desert the quad you have in the Animalier packaging? Those particular shades are nice and well-curated. Something about the layout of the interior of the eyeshadow quads bug me aesthetically lol perhaps I should try one and see it in person ;-) I'm still mulling over Seduction. There is just so much makeup out there lol Right now the Gucci lipsticks are tempting me but also frustrating me with the aforementioned lack of swatches.

mkoparanova

Right now the Gucci lipsticks are tempting me but also frustrating me with the aforementioned lack of swatches.
Yes, it's in the Animalier packaging - that's the reason I bought it lol I didn't like the combination of shades in the spring palette - I wouldn't wear bright yellow or pink with black
lol.gif
I haven't really looked at their permanent quads - with LE collections coming out all the time from so many brands I rarely buy permanent products.

I love Seduction and I wear it quite often. I want to try Gucci makeup but the lack of swatches/reviews and counters stop me from buying anything. It's expensive - I can't order something I've seen only on a promo picture, considering I won't be able to return it. I'll wait until they are available in a store.

awickedshape

Yes, it's in the Animalier packaging - that's the reason I bought it lol  I didn't like the combination of shades in the spring palette - I wouldn't wear bright yellow or pink with black :lol:  I haven't really looked at their permanent quads - with LE collections coming out all the time from so many brands I rarely buy permanent products. I love Seduction and I wear it quite often. I want to try Gucci makeup but the lack of swatches/reviews and counters stop me from buying anything. It's expensive - I can't order something I've seen only on a promo picture, considering I won't be able to return it. I'll wait until they are available in a store. 
Re: Spring quad, I really didn't like those colours together. I do like the Gucci products I tried BUT it was a risk for me. I went on [@]sarabeautime[/@]'s (ColourMeLoud blog) swatches. There are hardly any lipstick swatches out there.