Dolce & Gabbana Makeup

Medgal07

Hm I wouldn't say they are similar. I have Teint rose and tbh I don't use them often. They don't look very good on me because my skin is not perfect and they are very illuminating. The D&G illuminators are more like non-drying mattifying powders with some very very fine glitter. I'll try both of them again tomorrow because I haven't used the meteorites in a long time and I might not remember correctly.
I was thinking they look rather powdery /chalky---at least the swatches that I saw gave that appearance. It doesn't appear that Luna/7 has been released here.

mkoparanova

I was thinking they look rather powdery /chalky---at least the swatches that I saw gave that appearance. It doesn't appear that Luna/7 has been released here.
I haven't noticed that before - in an old review Karen from Makeup and beauty blog says that Eva looks powdery on her but it would be amazing on lighter skin tones. However, she is wearing it in a review from last winter: http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/dolce-gabbana-holiday-collection-2014/

I personally really like it but I probably would've been disappointed if I have ordered it online as a illuminator or as they describe it "The delicate blend of pearlescent tones can be used to create a radiant glow or to highlight the eyes and cheekbones."

@Monsy I tried taking pictures but I'm not sure if they are helpful:
Eva, Luna

Eva, Luna - no flash

Luna, Eva - VERY heavy swatches + flash

Mizani

Oooh. I was looking at that and Inferno. I tried them on at the counter in Saks last month plus another one that is more brown but I can't remember the name.
The brownish one is probably Dolce Jealous. Believe it or not, the lipliner that complimented that color the best on me was MAC's Nightmoth. :lol: I do find Inferno intriguing but I have way too many dark purples already. However, if it was jut a liitle lighter I might consider it (like Tom Ford's Black Dahlia.) I just find D&G's lipsticks intriguing because they are so hard to come by. They are mysterious. Hee hee!

Medgal07

I haven't noticed that before - in an old review Karen from Makeup and beauty blog says that Eva looks powdery on her but it would be amazing on lighter skin tones. However, she is wearing it in a review from last winter: http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/dolce-gabbana-holiday-collection-2014/

I personally really like it but I probably would've been disappointed if I have ordered it online as a illuminator or as they describe it "The delicate blend of pearlescent tones can be used to create a radiant glow or to highlight the eyes and cheekbones."

@Monsy I tried taking pictures but I'm not sure if they are helpful:
Eva, Luna

Eva, Luna - no flash

Luna, Eva - VERY heavy swatches + flash

I can see the small shimmers but it otherwise appears flat and w/o much luminosity.

Shars

I do find Inferno intriguing but I have way too many dark purples already. However, if it was jut a liitle lighter I might consider it (like Tom Ford's Black Dahlia.) I just find D&G's lipsticks intriguing because they are so hard to come by. They are mysterious. Hee hee!
Ok cool. Thanks. On the plus side, the lipsticks are sooo pigmented!!
I agree re the exclusivity. You feel like a secret agent with a new weapon haha.

mkoparanova

I can see the small shimmers but it otherwise appears flat and w/o much luminosity.
That's what I like about it - there's no luminosity! Products like the meteorites are gorgeous on some people but they enhance my pores and any imperfections and the D&G powders give me the photoshop effect + some sparkle.

Mizani

My Dolce Desire arrived today!!

I haven't put it on but I did do a quick swatch on the back of my hand to compare it with other colors. Off the top of my head, I thought it would be close to MAC's Absolute Power, but after also swatching MAC's Frank N Furter, Salon Rouge, and Stunner, it looks the closest to FnF. In comparison, FnF has a bit more red undertone. Salon Rouge is more berry where Desire is more pinkish. But all three are pretty close.

Mizani

Desire also doesn't appear to be as dark as I had expected. Semi disappointed there. With that being said, I might wind up taking a risk on Dolce Inferno after all! Maybe it isn't super dark.

mkoparanova

3f1eb018_Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-45-06.png
3429a5b4_Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-45-10.png
f4764e92_Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-47-41.png
2356a198_Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-47-37.png

Mizani

Okay, had a chance to wear Desire over the weekend. On Saturday I paired it with MAC lip liner Vino. On Sunday, Nightmoth. I prefer it with Vino. I might pair it with Currant later on to see how it looks. Anyways, this baby is SUPER PIGMENTED. They ain't lying. LOL! I think Desire has more pigmentation than Jealous, which is no slacker itself. I managed to eat pizza Saturday night with garlic butter dipping sauce and my lipstick barely faded. Couldn't believe it!

On me, Desire looks more berry both swatched on the back of my hand and on my lips. I personally wouldn't classify it as being a red at all. Even in the tube. So I was initially disappointed it wasn't more red and darker, but I don't regret buying it. It is still pretty!

Since I've come to the conclusion that Dolce Inferno might not be as dark as I imagined based on more swatches and because the formula is so great and long lasting, I went ahead and ordered it, this time from Nordstrom's (the other two Jealous and Desire came from Saks.com). It should be here on Thursday!! :)

Mizani

My Dolce Inferno arrived!! Can't wait to wear it!

In the meantime, I did a comparison with several hand swatches. I compared it to NARS' Ingrid, Train Bleu, Volga, MAC's Instigator, Living Legend, and Lingering Kiss, Tom Ford's Black Dahlia, and D&G's Amethyst. Out of all of them, I think Inferno compares the closest to Volga. I had then looked at the swatches in natural, albeit overcast light, and realized that Inferno has a blue-tinge to it. So then on a whim I swatched MAC's Night Violet. Inferno is in between Volga (which leans more red) and Night Violet (which leans more blue) in comparison.

starletta8

I finally dug into a D&G lipstick sample card I've been holding onto forever. Unfortunately, I absolutely adore Nude Monica. I've tried to avoid this brand because it's not accessible in my area- and I live in one of the largest metropolitan areas of the country. For a brand to not be present here, I don't need to give them my money. Snobby but true on my behalf. For the record, I have the same stance with Gucci.

Mizani

Yeah, D&G is hard to come by. Not a single beauty counter here and I too live in a large city. :-/ ^^^^^ I did wear my Inferno for the first time a few days ago. Itttttt's...okay. It did wind up being darker on me than I had hoped. But I like it enough to keep it. Once again, though, the formula is great! As of right now, I think my favorite shade of the three is Desire. Now, the last color I might possibly be interested in is Dolce BLOOD! Mkoparanova, the next time you might go to the D&G counter, would you mind swatching that one too? Just if you get a chance. You don't have to make a special trip or anything. LOL!

Medgal07

Now, the last color I might possibly be interested in is Dolce BLOOD! Mkoparanova, the next time you might go to the D&G counter, would you mind swatching that one too? Just if you get a chance. You don't have to make a special trip or anything. LOL!
girlhaha.gif
No pressure---just a fellow makeup addict with a need.

mkoparanova

Now, the last color I might possibly be interested in is Dolce BLOOD! Mkoparanova, the next time you might go to the D&G counter, would you mind swatching that one too? Just if you get a chance. You don't have to make a special trip or anything. LOL!
I can swatch it after the 26th because I'm not in London atm :(
I really like the formula too, I hope they release more shades (not red
lol.gif
)!

Mizani

I can swatch it after the 26th because I'm not in London atm :(
I really like the formula too, I hope they release more shades (not red
lol.gif
)!
Oh that's fine dear. Just whenever you can. After the 26th is fine. I won't be in the market to buy it immediately right now anyways. Gotta save up for the Valli Collection from MAC.

But I will be primed for some more D&G lovin after that, LOL!

I am so sorry for my delay in response. I really do appreciate you doing this for me/us. You are all we got!
lol.gif

mkoparanova

LOL, don't you know it!

Oh that's fine dear. Just whenever you can. After the 26th is fine. I won't be in the market to buy it immediately right now anyways. Gotta save up for the Valli Collection from MAC.

But I will be primed for some more D&G lovin after that, LOL!

I am so sorry for my delay in response. I really do appreciate you doing this for me/us. You are all we got!
lol.gif
Oh I hope I can get everything from this collection, the packaging is soo beautiful!!

I'm happy to help, I was in Harrods yesterday, so here's the swatch:

There were some products at half price and I picked up Glitz (ignore my nail, I was trying on NPs
lol.gif
):

awickedshape

Oh I hope I can get everything from this collection, the packaging is soo beautiful!!  I'm happy to help, I was in Harrods yesterday, so here's the swatch: There were some products at half price and I picked up Glitz (ignore my nail, I was trying on NPs :lol: ):
Ooh, I like the look of Glitz!