Don't you just hate...

ticki

ebay resellers who buy up inventory on LE product launches and rake you over the coals on price?

case in point?

Dress Camp. i so wanted it. sold out online before i could get to it. sold out in the pro store before i could get in. jumped on ebay and there's six million people selling it for twice the retail price. grrrrrrrrrrr! now i'm seeing much of the same with the re-release of the dazzleglasses.

who's with me on this?

NicksWifey

I hear you, it's NUTS. I feel that way about So Ceylon MSF.
When it first came out, I wasn't able to get it in time. So I went to eBay and of course, it was going for insane prices, STILL IS even though MAC released it again!
I knew it was a good thing I held out to get it at MAC retail price a couple of years later instead of going on eBay. I've seen it much higher in the past than what's it's going for now, even though some of the prices are too much.

MAC so ceylon, Health Beauty items on eBay.com

PollyRhythm

I am with you 100% on this one. I remember when I was looking for Fafi and Heatherette stuff on Ebay because I didn't get into Mac (or Specktra) until around July/August and looking back on those collections, I really wanted some things, especially the paint pots from Fafi. I start looking on ebay and for the paintpots alone, not including shipping, ranged from $25-$60 and up! I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing but I found it funny that people were willing to buy it. I really find it crazy that people price the MSF's for so much too. I'm sorry but I'm not going to pay $40 and more for it, I don't care how LE it is. I've seen a couple of MSF's priced over $100!

I'm just going to say this, I know you have to make your money back off products but HOT DAMN! Give me a break and I'll be damned if I pay 20 something dollars for a Mac 15 shadow pallete.

coachkitten

It drives me nuts as well. What makes it even worse is that people actually pay the prices that these people charge. It is crazy!

TamiChoi

It is completely nuts when sellers overprice the items. I guess when there are high demands for items/collections, they [sellers] think people will buy their items no matter what the price is. So, they raise the prices just to make money. Sad that people actually pay twice as much for it.

lovekrumpet

OMG. I hate this too. It happened to me with Mannish Arora =/ It made me sooo upset. I had been looking forward to it for months, but I had school and by the time I got online all the things I wanted we re sold out.
Next day I find TONS of people selling it for way higher prices. =(

aleksis210

I feel really bad for people in other countries who HAVE to buy things on Ebay....it's very unfair to them, but in our case when we have access to everything it's kind of like, tough shit you should have bought it quicker..(not that it doesn't still annoy the shit outta me though!)

Jello89

ARG. I hate that. I really wanted the manish palette. I missed it and on Ebay its like 80. Also a single person was selling 3 of them for 75 each or something WHYY:'( I hate it. *cry*

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
It drives me nuts as well. What makes it even worse is that people actually pay the prices that these people charge. It is crazy!

Exactly
iagree.gif
That is why they keep selling them at those prices..because they know people will buy them.

ticki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello89
ARG. I hate that. I really wanted the manish palette. I missed it and on Ebay its like 80. Also a single person was selling 3 of them for 75 each or something WHYY:'( I hate it. *cry*

for real! it's people like that who i absolutely despise! i can understand selling one. maybe you got it and decided that it wasn't for you. 3 to sell for huge profit? you're just being a greedy ass.

HeavenLeiBlu

On one hand, I say, hey, this is America, and Capitalism is the rule here; but on the other, to gouge people just because you can, sucks. Esp when you didn't even give someone the chance to get it the normal way... just bought a bunch because you knew they would sell out and then turn to ebay to rip people off. I sell some things on ebay, but I let the price go up as they will. The particular item that I sell is a hot item and I've been able to sell it for twice as much as it costs me, but not because I placed it at that price point but because the bidders themselves have driven the price up. I have cp'd the very same item here, willingly, and not made a single dime from it, and I didn't intend to, either.

th_dunno.gif

abbyquack

I agree that eBay is total BS, especially when it's wayyyy more than it's even worth- like $50 for a lipstick or something. And their shipping charges are sooo dishonest, when they want like $10-20 to ship something. That is crap. I always try to picture the individuals who are doing this as a living, and I've concluded they must be pretty pathetic if that's all they can do to make money. I doubt they truly make a lot anyways though.

maclove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticki
ebay resellers who buy up inventory on LE product launches and rake you over the coals on price?

case in point?

Dress Camp. i so wanted it. sold out online before i could get to it. sold out in the pro store before i could get in. jumped on ebay and there's six million people selling it for twice the retail price. grrrrrrrrrrr! now i'm seeing much of the same with the re-release of the dazzleglasses.

who's with me on this?

no lye ,i was thinking about this two days ago ,i was still sad about not getting the manish lipglass or palette ,i got two lipsticks thanks goodness
smiles.gif

,but anyways .i went on ebay and i have a person i talk to on ebay that does this he buys 10 of everything then resale it for a crazy price i mean it pisses me off becouse M.A.C. should be only for us mac lovers not money fends . and i told him this but hey he rakes in tons of cash durring these sales
ssad.gif
and the messed up thing is he wont give me a deal i have to pay full price also.
nope.gif