Dramatic dark eye attempt

tara_hearts

Hey ladies.
I have been practicing my dark smokey eye because im going to a stone temple pilots concert and really wanna rock a dark eye. I was inspired by Mizzchievious's high fashion tutorial where she used blacktrack fluidline as a base then carbon over it. I don't have the mac products so I attempted it with what i have. I would appreciate any tips/tricks you might have for pulling off this look. Thanks, Tara

eyes:
h.i.p black cream eye liner (base)
Physicians formula baked smoke (black matte shade)
Define a lash
grey/shimmery shade for highlight

lips:
bare in some pics
Revlon Matte pink pout (in one pic)

face/cheeks
Revlon colorstay foundation
maybelline mocha velvet blush

tara_hearts

Thanks
smiles.gif

Ursula

Looks great!

One thing that would be fun to add for a concert look is some glam silver glitter over the lid area.

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janel
by george, i think she's got it! (LOL) nice job

Thank you
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula
Looks great!

One thing that would be fun to add for a concert look is some glam silver glitter over the lid area.

Yess I totally agree. I tried it out the other night with the h.i.p due 'platinum' and the black is deeper and has glitter it looked really cute. I wanted to do a more dramatic contour on my face but i totally suck at it.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
needs a silver or a grey

I used a silvery gray color but it didn't show up well. I need to find a deeper/darker shade i spose

MzzRach

This is hot!

Regarding the comments on adding silver - even if you had a light or medium silver - you could pack it on the center/"ball" of the eyelid - would catch the light beautifully and glam the look up a bit.

That being said, I think this looks great!

marce89

Very pretty! I donnow about the silver, maybe it doesn't show up cos the pics are small? But it looks nice anyway
smiles.gif

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
This is hot!

Regarding the comments on adding silver - even if you had a light or medium silver - you could pack it on the center/"ball" of the eyelid - would catch the light beautifully and glam the look up a bit.

That being said, I think this looks great!

Thanks so much for the tip! The platinum due from hip has a super glittery silver in it i wil try. I'll post the fotd and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce89
Very pretty! I donnow about the silver, maybe it doesn't show up cos the pics are small? But it looks nice anyway
smiles.gif

Thanks
smiles.gif