Drivers License - To smile or not to smile?

xxManBeaterxx

Did you smile? Not smile? I'm getting my license renewed and i've never smiled in ID photos and i end up looking like a half sleepy criminal.

shontay07108

Lol! Half sleepy criminal. I would say smile. I've smiled in all my photos. The lighting is already unflattering and the person snapping the pic doesn't give a toss about whether it comes out right not. You can't go wrong with a lovely smile.

DILLIGAF

My last DL (FL) pic I stood infront of the paper background, faced front and then heard the "photographer" yell next. I didn't even know he took a picture and I look crazy as a result. And people wonder why I still show my NYS ID. *smh*

SuSana

I smiled in mine rather than smirk like in my first one and I love it. I say smile
greengrin.gif

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
My last DL (FL) pic I stood infront of the paper background, faced front and then heard the "photographer" yell next. I didn't even know he took a picture and I look crazy as a result. And people wonder why I still show my NYS ID. *smh*

LOL! omg i would have been so mad

MissAlexisDDD

I smiled! I don't know what it is with our state, but the pictures look phenominal. It's like they airbrush it out and do touch ups. I'm such a nerd, I show mine alot and love to get carded. >_<

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Lol! Half sleepy criminal. I would say smile. I've smiled in all my photos. The lighting is already unflattering and the person snapping the pic doesn't give a toss about whether it comes out right not. You can't go wrong with a lovely smile.

I agree. I put on a huge smile this time lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF

LMAO!!! I wish i could see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlexisDDD
I smiled! I don't know what it is with our state, but the pictures look phenominal. It's like they airbrush it out and do touch ups. I'm such a nerd, I show mine alot and love to get carded. >_<

I do notice people look airbrushed on their drivers license!! Hey if your hot no shame in showing off
tong.gif
I'm much happier with my new drivers license pic, i hated showing my old one i'm 24 (but i look older) and i still get carded

fallenang3l211

i smiled! idk why my picture came out extra dark..and my blush was emphasized for some reason. i had really rosy/borderline clown cheeks...but at least this time the photo looked like me! i was using a picture from when i was 18 for so long that whenever i got ID'd they'd ask me questions about all the info.

am i the only one that gets nervous waiting to see how the picture comes out?

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlexisDDD

What state do you live in? Please don't say TX... otherwise there is no hope for me.

My ID looks horrible... I also look like a sleepy criminal =/ My pic is so bad, that I sometimes get bouncers/bartenders at a club who don't believe it's me. The day I took the pic, my mom dragged me to the DMV at like 6AM so we wouldn't have to wait in line. Compare that to when I get ready to go out. World of difference.

I need to move to your state, take up residence and apply for an ID. I'm actually looking forward to trying to take a better pic this year since my renewal time is here finally. I didn't smile the first time and I learned my lesson... I'm going to smile. Even if it turns out crappy, I think I'd rather be smiling in it.

MissAlexisDDD

Lol I'm from Nebraska.
smiles.gif
And I've noticed that my blush turned out like yours too, fallen. Then again... I'm kinda a blush addict (recovering!, I don't look like I belong at a childs birthday anymore)

I think it'd be cute if we could all show our license picture!

fallenang3l211

i agree! that would be cute if we all did that! idk, i mgiht have gone heavy on the blush that day..but i don't think heavy enough to make it look as dark as it did. i was a blush addict now i'm addicted to MSF, heaven help me.

xsnowwhite

i smiled in mine cause i hate how i look in pictures with a serious face ha i imagine my id would turn into a mugshot if i didnt smile

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
i smiled! idk why my picture came out extra dark..and my blush was emphasized for some reason. i had really rosy/borderline clown cheeks...but at least this time the photo looked like me! i was using a picture from when i was 18 for so long that whenever i got ID'd they'd ask me questions about all the info.

am i the only one that gets nervous waiting to see how the picture comes out?

Seems like we had the same person taking out picture! My picture came out extra dark, and looked bad. I know this for a fact because once when I purchased alcohol, the cashier said, "Wow...my ID picture came out really bad too." Thanks asshole!

VeXedPiNk

th_LMAO.gif
I've had problems showing my ID because the bouncer/server/etc doesn't believe it's me in the pictures too - but it's because I look better in my ID pic.

No lie.... I always look horrendous in pictures. HATE pictures being taken of me - end up with one eye more closed than the other. Or some phantom zit becomes REALLY obvious. Or I have six chins.... haha, no kidding! But for some insanely-crazy reason, my driver's license photo turned out great! Plus, I'm wearing my contacts in the picture - usually I've got my glasses on.

I wish I could use my ID picture for everything.
I'm dreading having to get my ID renewed pretty soon - not a chance in hell of getting a good picture again!

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Seems like we had the same person taking out picture! My picture came out extra dark, and looked bad. I know this for a fact because once when I purchased alcohol, the cashier said, "Wow...my ID picture came out really bad too." Thanks asshole!

wow that's so mean! I cringe sometimes when I go out with no makeup and I'm buying alcohol..they stare at me for a while. I'm happy with my picture other than it coming out EXTRA dark and my cheeks looking clown-ish. Sigh..anything is better than my original when I was 18. My friend went to the DMV with me and there was a sweaty fat man in line behind me and my friend pointed him out to me right before my picture was taken and I started laughing
ssad.gif