Drugstore primer?

MizzVivaGlam

I'm looking for a cheap primer or a pore hiding product like Cliniques that will hide pores on my cheeks and nose. Do you know of a really good one?Or should I just go for Clinique instead?

Thanks.

suzy.q

Avon's Magix is fairly well-reviewed, although its pore-hiding abilities aren't consistent from person to person... I personally haven't used it (I live in Brazil and my gel-based sunscreen works well as a primer for me). I really liked the Clinique pore-minimizer (from what I remember, it's been a while), but Avon is definitely less expensive and may be worth a shot.

[just a clarification: Monistat's Anti-Chafing Gel is based on silicones (like Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone). It's not the same as the Monistat treatment gels, which are medicated with Miconazole Nitrate--an antifungal medication used for yeast infections--and are not safe to use on the face without a prescription. The Anti-Chafing Gel seems ok, though.]

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel!! Its great !!! i have tryed others including rimmels fix and perfect but it didnt work as well at all!!

wendybird

The L'Oreal Studio Secrets primers are absolutely amazing. I'm not sure whether the line is available everywhere but, hands down, they are the best primers I have ever used.

tokidoki1825

If you have any access to Asian cosmetics, Korean and Japanese drugstore brands make some really excellent and pretty cheap primers. I think they're the best for concealing pores. Try sasa.com!

mizuki~

I agree with those who said Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel
thmbup.gif

FLYSKYHiGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokidoki1825
If you have any access to Asian cosmetics, Korean and Japanese drugstore brands make some really excellent and pretty cheap primers. I think they're the best for concealing pores. Try sasa.com!

Would you happen to have the names of a few specific ones? I'd love to know!

tokidoki1825

Yeah! I've used two color correcting primers (peach and mint) by a brand called Noah, which is cheap in drugstores in Japan but might be hard to get outside of it. I've also used UV White Clear Essence Base by Canmake, which I like a lot, it's pretty good for minimizing pores although it is a little whitening (I'm pretty pale and don't see much effect if I blend well). They also have this new base called Smooth Film that sounds like what you want. Those are the only ones I've tried but I know there are a lot of other good options and reviews out there.

I'd also mention that I really like Korres's silicon-free face primer (I have problems with silicon), which you can get in a small size at Sephora for $10. HTH!