Dumb newbie question

banjobama

Hi everyone!
wavey.gif

I have a question for those of you mineral makeup gurus. I am starting to experiment with foundations, and I ordered some cheap samples from Fyrinnae to test out. My question is, what brush is the best to use for mineral foundation? I have tried a regular powder brush and blush brush but I feel like I'm just flinging the powder around and it isn't really sticking to my face.

Any tips? Am I just challenged? haha. Thanks in advance! Everyone on here is awesome!!

VioletB

Use a kabuki brush.. you want thick and dense. You will get more coverage that way.. I currently use the bare minerals, and mine came with like three brushes.. just find a buki at sephora or something
smiles.gif

summerxdreams

I would recommend getting the Sephora bronzer over the kabuki or the BE brushes because it isn't as scratchy :]

You can also try mixing your mmu with your moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, this is what i do most days.

me_jelly

You definitely need a dense/firm brush for this aka. a kabuki brush - I've tried many (i.e. BE, Estee Lauder, Sephora, etc) but I always go back to MAC 182 - it's luxuriously soft and dense, buffs everything in perfectly - it's on the pricey side, but definitely worth it in the long run (as it doesn't tend to get scratchy after many washings like other kabuki brushes I have tried in the past).

MACATTAK

I agree with the above posts. A kabuki is the best brushes for these. You can even find a good, cheap one at target for like 5 bucks. Also, if you use some moisturizer before applying the foundation, they will really stick
smiles.gif