e.l.f mineral starter kit YES or NO???

marreyes38

I bought id Bare Minerals and i guess i expected a miracle but i didn't get one. I think you have to have really good skin to begin with, in order for it to work so im looking for different mineral products to try out instead. I need something to cover up some DARK acne scars but i want it to look natural n not made up. Bare mineral's goes for about $50.00 so i want to try something less expensive.

Have you guys tried out the e.l.f. minerals yet??? Are they any good???
th_confused_new.gif

If not, are there any other mineral foundations/make up you guys recommend???

KEEP IN MIND I WANT SOMETHING LESS EXPENSIVE

THANX GIRLZ!!!

wolfsong

Fyrinnae

I would recommend fyrinnae superpower mineral foundation - lots of shades/tones etc, cheap but really good quality (doesnt break me out, doesnt oxidize on me, no caking/tightness/itching, great natural finish and lasting power, as well as products being freshly made all the time - you wont get something thats been sitting gathering dust), and they custom make at no extra cost if you cant fnd your perfect colour. You can order cheap samples in jars - $1.50 for foundation (mica free, regular, superpower in both matte and sheen finishes) and blush samples, and they last for ages as you only need a tiny amount. Great for use as colour correctors/concealers or hiding under-eye shadows/eyeshadow bases. I haven't wanted or needed to put another liquid/powder etc foundation on my face from the first use of this.

I personally love the matte for concealer (though they do have an actual concealer, i havent tried it yet), and the sheen for overall foundation as it provides me with the natural glow that my skin has without looking shimmery, glittery or 'off'. However ive tried the matte as an overall foundation and it doesnt look cakey or powdery at all, so i guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
The blushes are lovely too, but a word of caution: use sparingly with all their products! They are very pigmented as there is no fillers like talc, so you only need about 2-3 pin head sizes of loose blush to cover a cheek.

I would also recommend their Rice Powder Primer as a base (after moisturizing) as it actually makes my skin better with use, and makes the foundation glid on beautifully (no loose powder/blush sticking in pores ever again!) Its lovely to use on its own too, on days you dont want to wear too much makeup. They also have oil-control primers/finishes which i have heard wonderful things about, and am awaiting the order of.

The order time looks daunting, but its worth it - and mine was shipped from US to UK a lot quicker then that.

2cents.gif

marreyes38

i cant seem to find the right shade for me
th_dunno.gif
...i wear mac's studio fix in nc 40...what whould u suggest???

wolfsong

I would suggest getting a few samples of shades/tones that look close, then mixing 2-3 together if none of them suit you (though colours on there will most likely vary from the real shade/tone due to computer screen differences, lighting, camera used etc).

From the Studio Fix colour chart of the MAC site, i would suggest having a look at the following (though the MAC site isn't that great for colour matching
ssad.gif
):

Fyrinnae

Fyrinnae

And maybe this one to mix with to change the hue:
Fyrinnae

They will custom make a foundation for you (of the same quality as their ready mixed foundations) from 2-3 shades, and whatever ratio you require - free of charge.
I personally feel more comfortable buying from a company that doesn't have 50 colours but will have one custom made, rather than one where you having to 'make do' with a colour that is a little off (one of the reasons i like this company, other then the eyeshadow names). Due to me being a difficult ghost pale colouring to match, this is the first time ive ever found a foundation i didnt have to mix 50/50 with white halloween foundation lol! Tragically all 'Ivory' shades looks like fake tanning products on me...

For $1.50 per sample that'll last a while and can be used for other things, you can't really go wrong
smiles.gif

They'll most likely send a Rice Powder Primer sample as a freebie (they send free samples with all orders) which is lovely.