e2cosmetics and Creamy Bisque

duckrodeo

I found Creamy Bisque on eBay from a seller named e2cosmetics. Their page is here: http://myworld.ebay.com/e2cosmetics

I thought they had a good reputation, mostly positive feedback, and one user claiming the item was fake (which nowadays: sometimes buyers DO claim items are fake to get money back and keep the item)

I was so excited to get Creamy Bisque since it is my HG highlight and I only have one BU that I managed to snag from a CCO recently.

I got my Creamy Bisque in the mail, and here is the comparison:

On the left is the e2cosmetics Creamy Bisque. On the right is a Creamy Bisque I picked up at my CCO. There is a definite difference in the packaging. The container seems to be matte, and the labels are completely different.

I immediately e-mailed the seller and they said that they have many thousands of happy customers and to ship the item back to them and they would refund my original sale (not return shipping). I was not pleased with this because - why would I pay extra money to send a fake item back? I'd rather just get 100% refund, return shipping or not - and be done with it. So I filed a claim with PayPal. I should have just done a claim with eBay, as they have a bigger handle on the buyer protection. The seller accused me of trying to pocket my money and keep the product. I had zero doubts of getting rid of the eyeshadow ASAP, and that's exactly what I told the seller; I just wanted to get return shipping covered.

PayPal stated that in order to get the return, I must send the items back (return shipping on me). After calling customer service, PayPal agreed to a "one-time courtesy" to refund my cost for return shipping. Done and done.

I wasn't able to leave negative feedback until 7 days after the auction end. I then didn't leave negative feedback until all was said and done. I made sure I got my refund and the case was closed. I was apprehensive about the seller claiming any variety of things done to the products.

This evening, almost 3 weeks after my purchase, and all said and done with the PayPal claim, I left negative feedback. I wrote that it was a pleasure to return the fake products to the seller and buyer beware. eBay sends me an e-mail a couple hours later stating that my feedback was classified as extortion and was not tolerated by eBay's Terms of Service. I am unclear how stating an honest opinion is extortion, but okay. Then the seller sent an e-mail thanking me for my kind feedback, and my negative feedback on their account has been removed.

So, in short, I am posting here, my saga with e2cosmetics, as their eBay feedback seems less than accurate. Yes, they do have thousands of positive marks, but it seems the negative ones, like mine, are swept under the rug and glossed over.

kimbunney

I got an Creamy Bisque with the same labeling. I didn't think mine was fake until now. I got mine from overstock I thought it looked a little funny but I said to myself maybe it was a factory mess up. I just can't imagine someone as big as overstock selling fake mac but who knows.

Purrkitten

Just in case someone is still looking for Creamy Bisque... It's sold here: http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Authentic-MAC-Cosmetics-Eye-Shadow-CREAMY-BISQUE-BNIB-/251174464646?pt=US_Makeup_Eyes&hash=item3a7b2a2c86

But those are probably fake as well.
ohboy.gif

duckrodeo

Yep, that one looks fake too
eeksign.gif
Fortunately I had an awesome CP from a lovely Specktrette! Snagged some at a CCO for me
yahoo.gif

Nikki Taylor

One time I left this chick negative feedback cause she sold me a fake girl about town lipstick and refused to refund me, and then Ebay cleared every negative feedback I've ever gave anyone. And they also gave me a warning not to keep doing that. They pressure you to leave feedback for sellers but only if its good? whats the point of feedback then?!