Eartha Kitt speculation

lsperry

Re: Next MAC Icon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
Who is that?

Honey, you're probably not old enought to remember her. She's an African-American Actress, singer from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, etc. Among non A-A people, she's probably most famous for her role as Catwoman on Batman in the 60s....

Now I am really excited....I can only imagine what the collection colors will look like? (Something to flatter dark skin??!!).
clap.gif

Now, I am already HYPED UP!!!

Go MAC!

Juneplum

oh my god!!!!!!!! r u serious! i LOVE her!!!!!!!!!!!!! i SO hope this is tru cos she's amazing! catwoman for the win!!!!
clap.gif

Randy Rose

Eartha would be fierce . . . mmmm . . . am I the only one who thinks it's time for a drag queen to get their own collection? I'd love to see an Ru Paul (first face of Viva Glam, woo!) or Kevin Aviance icon collection. Of course, they're not nearly as old as these ladies . . . hrm . . .

caroni99

So here is what Hint Mag had to say about it:

Lais Oliveira

laisoliveira.jpg

Counting fellow Brazilian babes Daiane Conterato, Carolina Pantoliano and Carol Sippel as roommates, Lais Oliveira could land jobs by osmosis alone. Yet the olive-skinned stunner has kept busy with DKNY and H&M campaigns, as well as editorials in Oyster, Italian Vogue, 10 and German Glamour. Her runway resume, meanwhile, namechecks Chanel, Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood and Diane von Furstenberg. Did we mention she's currently shooting the MAC campaign with Eartha Kitt? Meow.

So it looks like Eartha Kitt is doing something with this model. Could it still be an Icon collection??? Hmmm not so sure anymore....

erine1881

she sang in the video for the smoke signals collection. the video is shown to artists at update.

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
she sang in the video for the smoke signals collection. the video is shown to artists at update.

Thanks so much! Oh well I guess someone needs to change the title of this thread.

I was so excited--not a fan of hers but it would have been nice to speculate on the collection that could have been and she seemed such a likely pick.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
Did we mention she's currently shooting the MAC campaign with Eartha Kitt? Meow.

So it looks like Eartha Kitt is doing something with this model. Could it still be an Icon collection??? Hmmm not so sure anymore....

Little bits and pieces here and there....The mystery deepens...

Quote:

Bummer....I still hope she'll one day be an icon....She's 80 years old -- I wonder how much air-brushing they'll do of her....'Cause they sure air-brushed the hell out of Raquel!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Oh, God...."Lady Eloise"?

lmao.gif
"Maaarcus... you look so beguiling!"
lmao.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Bummer....I still hope she'll one day be an icon....She's 80 years old -- I wonder how much air-brushing they'll do of her....'Cause they sure air-brushed the hell out of Raquel!

lmao.gif
Sooo true! Maybe with Eartha Kitt they can show how to truly live up to the "All Ages" aspect of their motto. =P It'd be amazing to have her as an icon - I'm drooling just thinking about the possibility!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
lmao.gif
"Maaarcus... you look so beguiling!"
lmao.gif

Ok, I love her but when I saw this I busted out laughing. She seems like she had so much fun playing that part.
lmao.gif

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Little bits and pieces here and there....The mystery deepens...

Same with Zandra Rhodes. Like, woah!

Bernadette

Quote:

Yup, it would make sense since she was featured in our update video.