ebay uk response from seller.

LoopyLoo

Note, I never ever mentioned spectra in my correspondance with this ebayer. These were products sent back with the indented ring on the back of the pan, seen after depotting. She has also refunded the £16.99 I paid for the items. How do we think I should fill in the leave feedback section?

i have refunded the £1.84 back to you account as promised.
"The money has been refunded back to you on the grounds that you were unhappy with your purchase, and not because they are counterfeit.
Something read on internet forums such as spectra, are not legal grounds as to judge whether an item is authentic or not. As anyone can write anything they like on these forums, they are not controlled.

I have forwarded the MAC released guidelines in 2008, to you,

Kind regards
Mina

THE AUTHENTIC MAC EYE SHADOW BOX

1. The box has a black sticker on the lid stating the colour of the pigment. Fake MAC boxes do not have this sticker.
2. The barcode/product code and serial number of the product is written on a sticker on the bottom of the box (the serial number is not found on Matte2 boxes - the product barcode however is still there). Fake MAC boxes have the barcode numbers written directly onto the box.
3. On the back of the boxes where it says "FARD A PAUPIERES" there is an inflection above the letter A such as seen here - À - and on the E in the word PAUPIERES. An inflection is an apostrophe like this - PAUPIÈRES. Fake MACs do not have the inflection above the E.

THE AUTHENTIC MAC EYE SHADOW POD

1. The sticker on the bottom of the eye shadow should have the name of the shadow, the finish (frost, pearl etc) the Serial number/MAC code and the weight. If the sticker does not have these items, then it is a fake MAC eye shadow.
2. Real MAC eye shadows DO NOT come with applicators or mirrors. The real MAC pod is thinner than the fake because the real one does not house the applicator or mirror.
3. Eye shadows also have raised lettering around the bottom of the pod and the bottoms of the pods are never just flat.
4. Where the MAC eye shadow opens – the opening catch - the real one is wide where the opening section on a fake is narrower.
5. If there is dark bold lettering on the front of the MAC pod then it is a fake – real MAC pods have thinner and lighter lettering.
6. The eye shadow itself is not raised but lies low in the pod.

gildedangel

Well she gave you your money back and that is what is important. I think that she was kind of rude as you could have just as easily gone to a MAC store and have them authenticate it for you. Even just your own common sense if you have a similar item to compare it to. I do think that she is being somewhat rude, so never buy from her again.
smiles.gif

anita22

What I don't understand is why the so-called "MAC-released guidelines" she sent you are meant to be any more credible than what you read on Specktra. Hmm let's see, which is more likely to be biased: An online forum of MAC enthusiasts with a mutual interest in identifying fakes, or a list of guidelines sent by someone who is trying to sell you something as genuine??

And I don't know what she means by "legal grounds" to judge fakes anyway. Is the list she has given you meant to qualify as "legal"?

Feedback-wise, as long as you were refunded in full I guess there's not much to complain about. Maybe you could write "Unhappy with items, but was given full refund"?

LRWade

I would leave neutral, write counterfeit items returned, fully refunded, rude seller.
Makes me so mad. GRRRRRRR

BellaItalia1969

I would suggest that you leave appropriate feedback,but FACTUAL,wherever is negative or neutral it is up to you.Personally i would not buy anything from someone who has this comment below about P&p ...blah blah and totally irrelevant as for the comment about Spectra,well someone has ruffled her feathers
tong.gif

I OBTAIN PROOF OF POSTAGE FOR ALL MY ITEMS, AND IN THE EVENT OF YOUR ITEM BEING LOST OR DAMAGED, THEN THIS WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOU TO ENABLE YOU TO CLAIM YOUR REFUND DIRECTLY FROM ROYAL MAIL

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLoo

THE AUTHENTIC MAC EYE SHADOW BOX

1. The box has a black sticker on the lid stating the colour of the pigment. Fake MAC boxes do not have this sticker.
2. The barcode/product code and serial number of the product is written on a sticker on the bottom of the box (the serial number is not found on Matte2 boxes - the product barcode however is still there). Fake MAC boxes have the barcode numbers written directly onto the box.
3. On the back of the boxes where it says "FARD A PAUPIERES" there is an inflection above the letter A such as seen here - À - and on the E in the word PAUPIERES. An inflection is an apostrophe like this - PAUPIÈRES. Fake MACs do not have the inflection above the E.

THE AUTHENTIC MAC EYE SHADOW POD

1. The sticker on the bottom of the eye shadow should have the name of the shadow, the finish (frost, pearl etc) the Serial number/MAC code and the weight. If the sticker does not have these items, then it is a fake MAC eye shadow.
2. Real MAC eye shadows DO NOT come with applicators or mirrors. The real MAC pod is thinner than the fake because the real one does not house the applicator or mirror.
3. Eye shadows also have raised lettering around the bottom of the pod and the bottoms of the pods are never just flat.
4. Where the MAC eye shadow opens – the opening catch - the real one is wide where the opening section on a fake is narrower.
5. If there is dark bold lettering on the front of the MAC pod then it is a fake – real MAC pods have thinner and lighter lettering.
6. The eye shadow itself is not raised but lies low in the pod.

I thought that MAC didn't get involved with fakes, so why would they be releasing these so called 'guidelines' - which are pretty lacking in terms of information anyway.

And actually, while I agree to an extent that forums are people's opinions I think it was Julie wrote to MAC who confirmed that they only use flat bottomed pans on their eyeshadows- so actually, that is more than simple opinion, it is actual verification from the company.

I would leave her a negative, she might have returned your money because you were unhappy with the item- but you were only unhappy with it because it was FAKE and the only way to stop people buying is to leave feedback reflecting the experience that you had.

ETA: Heres the thread with a picture of the letter from MAC about indented pans.
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/m...s-paper-95359/

LoopyLoo

Interestingly, I clicked on the leave feedback button and received a message saying "this item does not exist". What a clever seller, who has found a great way to protect a 100% positive feedback record.

LoopyLoo

Re: ebay uk response from seller. Update from xpointer

Thoses aren't my words above, after all, it might be libelous

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
When you say clever, you mean total bitch right?

lol.gif
th_hug.gif
I totally agree!Thanks Loopyloo,for making us aware of this seller and further to YOUR request i have removed your quote from my message.

Like Angi,have mentioned this site expresses personal opinions ...and i would be truly surprised if your seller has got that much money to launch legal action against you...
thmbdn.gif
thdrama.gif

I will make sure none of my mates,family members etc,etc will buy from her purely because i think that she lacks in good customer care(By deleting the listing she protected her 100% )*yawn*Some of you may not agree with me but in my opinion anyone who like this seller is so concerned with preserving 100% needs to go out more often..
Her Im not responsible for items missing etc,etc is total crap...zzz it's her responsibility NOT R.M that items are safely delivered

panda0410

There is no such thing as MAC released Guidelines... now she is a liar and a thief.

You should contact ebay and see about that feedback. Unfortunately there is another seller who does the same thing and its a nasty loophole in the system!

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
There is no such thing as MAC released Guidelines... now she is a liar and a thief.

You should contact ebay and see about that feedback. Unfortunately there is another seller who does the same thing and its a nasty loophole in the system!

I am not defending this seller - far from it - but I believe if a full refund is given the ability to leave feedback is removed - that is ebay's doing and not the sellers. Definitley a loophole that needs to be addressed.

LoopyLoo

If you accept a refund, you have entered into an agreement outside ebay and your legal right to leave negative feedback is removed.

aradhana

i have several items purchased from this seller on ebay...i am so disappointed to read these posts! i checked the bottom of one of the three shadows i purchased since i happened to have just depotted it...and it has an indent on the bottom
ssad.gif

i will have to check the other two later, but i'm wondering whether anyone knows how i can check whether a mineralize skinfinish (warmed), mineralize eye shadow (hot contrast) and a lip varnish (warning) are authentic? the containers look pretty normal compared with my other mac stuff. the lip varnish smells a bit cinnamony, but i don't have any other lip varnishes to compare to.

i am so gutted
ssad.gif
i've been wearing fake sushi flower?
ssad.gif

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
I am not defending this seller - far from it - but I believe if a full refund is given the ability to leave feedback is removed - that is ebay's doing and not the sellers. Definitley a loophole that needs to be addressed.

Um, I'm a powerseller on ebay, and I don't think this is true. I've issued refunds and had people leave feedback...I've blocked buyers and they left feedback, etc. LOL

The only thing that's changed recently, other than more fees (What a shock! :p), is that sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback...which I think is a joke. I personally would like to be able to leave feedback for the bozos who "buy" something and don't pay for it...or the ones that leave crap feedback for no other reason that they are a "feedback terrorist", (someone who leaves negatives just trying to get free S***). I'm currently dealing with that. I don't want to lose my rating over 12 damn dollars. Freaking idiot.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Um, I'm a powerseller on ebay, and I don't think this is true. I've issued refunds and had people leave feedback...I've blocked buyers and they left feedback, etc. LOL

My quote was taken from a post from nearly 12 months ago - Ebay does evolve.
You sell on US Ebay - this is Uk Ebay - they don't all work the same

marusia

I wish that US ebay would do that then. I see all the time over here where a seller gives a refund and then the buyer still leaves negative feedback.

I wonder what other differences there are. I never knew such thing existed. I didn't recognize your sn at first, haha, you're much more versed at selling than I am. *bows out*