Eczema Sufferers

dollbaby

I suffer severely from eczema during the harsh winter months. I usually get it on my legs. It's just itchy and bumpy. I can't wear jeans either because it irritates my skin, therefore, I live in leggings/sweats in the winter. I always hope that every year it will get better, but it just gets worse. I can't walk in the cold either, because it gets even worse. My legs are nice and smooth during the summer, a bit itchy, but not as bad as it is during the winter. ;( I'm dreading the cold weather like the plague. Anyway, I've tried like every single cream imaginable and I can't use anything with fragrance so I just stick to Eucerin, and it's been a dream cream lol. In the winter I slather on Aqauphor, and I never heard of it until my derm told me about it. I love it during the winter and it really helps treat my eczema. So, I'm just putting my experience out there, if anyone hasn't tried Aquaphor, give it a try.

BLKMimiLDN

I have suffered with Eczema since birth as so empathise with you all. I have been fortunate enough to be refered to a Dermatologist who, during my worst period aged 13 yrs, manged to get the condition under control as it affect over 80% of my body. I tend to find the change of seasons to be the most trying and have really sought to be 'intune' with my skin, staying away from harsh chemicals and food that irritate me. Skimming through the above posts, I don't recall seeing anyone mention the importance of using a good, non-offensive washing / laundry product. In the UK I use a plant based, 'green'product and swear by it. In fact, when I stay in hotels I carry my own pillow cases as I often come up on a rash or develop spots on my chin after sleeping on sheets not washed with a natural liquid (I NEVER use powder).

Next time you have a flare up, try changing your washing / laundry powder.

alyxo

I developed Eczema when I was in college. It was so annoying, it drove me crazy and it made me feel so insecure especially since, I've never had issues with my skin, I like to really take care of it. Anyways, I get it on my cheeks and my forehead. Strangely enough, it's different in different spots. On my cheeks, it's red and so itchy and a bit patchy. On my forehead, it's just dry, patchy and flakey. Luckily, I haven't had a breakout on my cheeks in about 2 months (knock on wood it doesn't come back). But my forehead is so damn dry!

I think it has to do with an allergy (or multiple) with me, I need to go to the doctor and find out what I'm allergic to. It might be something I'm eating but the only thing I've started eating (about 6 years ago) are tomatoes. I've eaten eggs like a madman since I was little so I don't think that is it. AND... I recently (month ago) discovered a sushi that I'm in love with (Arctic Role) which is a big thing because I hate fish. So I'm thinking the salmon in the sushi might be keeping it away.

At one point I tried Total Moisture Facial Cream by Benefit and that made my cheeks go so red! I do not recommend it if you have Ezcema, it will make life hell for you. Currently, I'm using Pure and Natural Soothing Day Cream by Nivea and it's going good so far. Ole Henriksen Nurture Me cream and Truth serum are amazing as well, the serum really calms my skin down. Vitamin C is great.

In the winter time, my skin condition is at it's worst but in the summer time, it's at it's best. The sun KILLS my Eczema!

Sophiaaa

Hi Try avoiding offensive everyday food items like cows milk, goat and soy milk are both perfect alternative which will generally reduce eczema in most cases. It would be wise using dove unscented soap or aveeno body wash if needed.

starraffy

The Three most common allergens Eczema:

House dust mites (bed bugs)
Pollen
Pet fur - children who are exposed to cats soon after birth may have an increased risk o developing eczema.

Food that may worsen atopic eczema:
Egg, soya , cow's milk, nuts , wheat

Treatment: Self-care:
Avoid scratching, it will worsen
Use a humidifier , dry air causes skin to dry
Avoid trigger factors like dusts and danders
Use of moisturizers, lotion, non irritating soaps
Antihistamines
Wear non irritating clothes, cloth fabric
Bathe less frequently using warm water

alyxo

It's funny because the last time I posted, I said Vitamin C is great. I take that back. If you have very dry and sensitive skin, Vitamin C will burn your skin.

I've actually changed my diet a bit. I rarely eat fast food now (with the exception of pizza, it's my favourite). I make sure I eat a good amount of fruit and veggies. I make lots of smoothies and it does really help because I truly believe that you are what you eat. I also don't drink any soda, which was really hard for me. Not that I drank soda like crazy, beforehand. I just REALLY loved Pepsi/Coke. But now I mostly drink water, smoothies, tea and coffee. I do drink milk and it's very soothing to my body. I allow myself 1 cup of coffee, usually in the morning. When I drink tea, I add 2-3 spoons of organic honey. Honey is extremely beneficial for everyone and it's a great alternative to sugar. I eat lots of avocado, usually 1 or half of one, a day. Avocado is so beneficial for your skin, hair and nails, I think that everyone should be eating avocados. They contain so many nutrients that are perfect for helping skin. I eat eggs I would say 3-4 times a week. I know eggs have cholesterol but they are healthy and I've never had a link between eggs and eczema. I also eat a lot of sushi. Like avocado, this is so important for me. Fish is in sushi and fish has so many fatty oils and omegas. And I'm not a fan of fish so that is how I get my fish intake. I'm actually obsessed with sushi now.

I just want to note that most of the foods that I eat, are organic. I also try to stay away from foods that contain gluten. It's really hard but I'm just taking baby steps. Currently, I'm trying to cut my intake on sugar. I add 3 spoons of sugar in my coffee which is awful but sugar is the biggest drug known to man, so I don't expect it to be easy for me.

As far as skin care goes, I keep it very simple. I try to use products that don't contain too many complicated ingredients. And I also try to switch up my two moisturizers just to keep my skin on it's toes. Again, all my skin care is made for sensitive skin and I always read the ingredients.

Eczema, I feel, has to do a lot with what you put in your body. As well as allergies. People that suffer from eczema are just a lot more sensitive then most people. I don't mind making a change for my skin because it is helping me to lead a healthier life.

heska

My eczema on my left arm was easily cured by a skincare product that's being given to me by my dermatologist, the products' name is ikure from jarvis cosmetics. She said almost all skin infections can also be cured through this product its sort of a one cream for all.

starraffy

It's funny because the last time I posted, I said Vitamin C is great. I take that back. If you have very dry and sensitive skin, Vitamin C will burn your skin.

I've actually changed my diet a bit. I rarely eat fast food now (with the exception of pizza, it's my favourite). I make sure I eat a good amount of fruit and veggies. I make lots of smoothies and it does really help because I truly believe that you are what you eat. I also don't drink any soda, which was really hard for me. Not that I drank soda like crazy, beforehand. I just REALLY loved Pepsi/Coke. But now I mostly drink water, smoothies, tea and coffee. I do drink milk and it's very soothing to my body. I allow myself 1 cup of coffee, usually in the morning. When I drink tea, I add 2-3 spoons of organic honey. Honey is extremely beneficial for everyone and it's a great alternative to sugar. I eat lots of avocado, usually 1 or half of one, a day. Avocado is so beneficial for your skin, hair and nails, I think that everyone should be eating avocados. They contain so many nutrients that are perfect for helping skin. I eat eggs I would say 3-4 times a week. I know eggs have cholesterol but they are healthy and I've never had a link between eggs and eczema. I also eat a lot of sushi. Like avocado, this is so important for me. Fish is in sushi and fish has so many fatty oils and omegas. And I'm not a fan of fish so that is how I get my fish intake. I'm actually obsessed with sushi now.

I just want to note that most of the foods that I eat, are organic. I also try to stay away from foods that contain gluten. It's really hard but I'm just taking baby steps. Currently, I'm trying to cut my intake on sugar. I add 3 spoons of sugar in my coffee which is awful but sugar is the biggest drug known to man, so I don't expect it to be easy for me.

As far as skin care goes, I keep it very simple. I try to use products that don't contain too many complicated ingredients. And I also try to switch up my two moisturizers just to keep my skin on it's toes. Again, all my skin care is made for sensitive skin and I always read the ingredients.

Eczema, I feel, has to do a lot with what you put in your body. As well as allergies. People that suffer from eczema are just a lot more sensitive then most people. I don't mind making a change for my skin because it is helping me to lead a healthier life.
I learned a lot from your post. thanks! I have a dry skin and i didn't know vit c is not okay with dry skin lol

yes water juices smoothies are good in hydrating skin... simple is better not so much on scented moisturizers or lotion. steaming would be a great help or humidifier for dry skin like us and those with eczema.

starraffy

My eczema on my left arm was easily cured by a skincare product that's being given to me by my dermatologist, the products' name is ikure from jarvis cosmetics. She said almost all skin infections can also be cured through this product its sort of a one cream for all.
ikure? thats new for most of us..

alyxo

I learned a lot from your post. thanks! I have a dry skin and i didn't know vit c is not okay with dry skin lol

yes water juices smoothies are good in hydrating skin... simple is better not so much on scented moisturizers or lotion. steaming would be a great help or humidifier for dry skin like us and those with eczema.
Aww :) I'm really happy to hear that I have helped you in some way.

It took me about a month of using products with Vitamin C to discover that they were causing the breakouts. I noticed that once I stopped using the products, that my skin was healing. Not all Vitamin C burns dry skin but if you're very dry and your skin flakes, I would stay away from it.

I wanted to get a juicer so bad but I was told to just stick with a blender, lol. Anyways, I have and it has worked for me. I either add fresh fruit or buy frozen fruit mixes in bags at the grocery store. I make sure it's just frozen fruit in there and no added crap. I also make smoothies with real juice because juice contains so much artificial sugar, it is crazy. I love steaming veggies and making stir fry, it's so yummy! I stay away from very scented products too, they're very irritating. Humidifiers are so amazing, love them!

starraffy

Aww :) I'm really happy to hear that I have helped you in some way.

It took me about a month of using products with Vitamin C to discover that they were causing the breakouts. I noticed that once I stopped using the products, that my skin was healing. Not all Vitamin C burns dry skin but if you're very dry and your skin flakes, I would stay away from it.

I wanted to get a juicer so bad but I was told to just stick with a blender, lol. Anyways, I have and it has worked for me. I either add fresh fruit or buy frozen fruit mixes in bags at the grocery store. I make sure it's just frozen fruit in there and no added crap. I also make smoothies with real juice because juice contains so much artificial sugar, it is crazy. I love steaming veggies and making stir fry, it's so yummy! I stay away from very scented products too, they're very irritating. Humidifiers are so amazing, love them!
Alyxo, me as well i only read your post about vit c...you try juicing as well using a slow juicer for a variety. you can get different benefits from a juicer and a blender

Goat Goat Etc.

If no one's said it yet, get Sebamed lotion!
It's a lotion that has a ph of 5.5, it matches that of skin's ph. It has no fragrance, color, or parabens! It is the only thing next steroid creams that put my eczema in check! I recently ran out for a month and my eczema couldn't be calmed by anything! Not vinegar, not coconut oil, and not crisco!

When CVS used to carry the lotion, I stocked up like crazy! Reluctantly I ordered 2 giant 1 Liter bottles from Costo (I'm not a member) and plopped down about $70 something bucks. IT-WAS-WORTH-IT! This lotion is like my meds now!

Dolly Snow

If no one's said said it yet, get Sebamed lotion! It's a lotion that has a ph of 5.5, it matches that of skin's ph. It has no fragrance, color, or parabens! It is the only thing next steroid creams that put my eczema in check! I recently ran out for a month and my eczema couldn't be calmed by anything! Not vinegar, not coconut oil, and not crisco! When CVS used to carry the lotion, I stocked up like crazy! Reluctantly I ordered 2 giant 1 Liter bottles from Costo (I'm not a member) and plopped down about $70 something bucks. IT-WAS-WORTH-IT! This lotion is like my meds now!
I need to check this out because I suffer from eczema too. I used to use hydrocortisone and that was ok worked well but didn't feel so awesome after constant use.

Goat Goat Etc.

I need to check this out because I suffer from eczema too. I used to use hydrocortisone and that was ok worked well but didn't feel so awesome after constant use.
Dude, this stuff is awesome! As soon as I started using it again my skin went to feeling normal again. No more raised itchy, scabby, oozing ick. Because of how bad my eczema got, I have two terrible dark scar patches on my calves but the sebamed is actually lightening it up and keeping it from looking like scaley elephant skin.

Dolly Snow

Dude, this stuff is awesome! As soon as I started using it again my skin went to feeling normal again. No more raised itchy, scabby, oozing ick. Because of how bad my eczema got, I have two terrible dark scar patches on my calves but the sebamed is actually lightening it up and keeping it from looking like scaley elephant skin.
Really wow! I still have a line from my eczema on my lips but I need something better to make it really go away. Thats so awesome I need that

Goat Goat Etc.

Really wow! I still have a line from my eczema on my lips but I need something better to make it really go away. Thats so awesome I need that
Yes! It's amazing! I really wish CVS would start carrying the lotion and other moisturizers again. The bogo deal I got was amazing, buy one and get the other free, so I got about 12 bottles and it lasted me almost two years I think. They only sell the face and body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. The only retailer on the ground who sells the giant 1 liters is Costco when they have a rep in for that week. But for real that $70 was so worth it online. I think very few walgreens with a good beauty section carry the sebamed baby lotions and creams though.

Latest posts