editorial-style blush

kitten

hello everyone!
i was wondering if anyone could provide a quick tutorial (or not-so-quick, whatever works for you) for how to achieve this look:

makeup06.jpg

another example,
queenofhearts1.jpg

basically, its just blush applied to the temples/upper cheek bones and parts of the eye. i've been interested in this look, but not quite sure how to achieve it and make it look professional.

does anybody here happen to know how?

kitten

ahhh...thanks!
nobody seems to know :/

come on, we know some of you know.
if you don't have the time, perhaps post a link or something? that would still be extremely helpful.

user79

It just is a different placement of the blush. I would start at the temples and just do an elongated curve, the blush seems to blend into the eyeshadow. I would use a very precise blush brush for this to get the placement right, something like the 168 or an angled brush.

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
It just is a different placement of the blush. I would start at the temples and just do an elongated curve, the blush seems to blend into the eyeshadow. I would use a very precise blush brush for this to get the placement right, something like the 168 or an angled brush.

Finally, a possible use for the MAC 162 brush I just got at the CCO and don't know what to do with!
thmbup.gif

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

thank you!
another question though, would a 129 work as well?
that's the only mac blush brush i have. i have others, but i was just wondering about this particular one.

athena123

I don't know enough about the MAC brushes to know how well your 129 would work for this precise placement. My 162 has short, angled bristles that are very dense, so they'll definitely maintain their shape and strength under pressure. Thanks for posting this look BTW! I'll have to try it next time I'm in the mood to play with my makeup and after I obtain a really pinky kind of blush!

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
I don't know enough about the MAC brushes to know how well your 129 would work for this precise placement. My 162 has short, angled bristles that are very dense, so they'll definitely maintain their shape and strength under pressure. Thanks for posting this look BTW! I'll have to try it next time I'm in the mood to play with my makeup and after I obtain a really pinky kind of blush!

well, for starters, you're welcome! i'm into dramatic makeup, so this look goes along with that and not to mention is extremely pretty.

but onto the brushes ordeal...my 129 isn't angular at all. its more of a round-ended brush, but has a flatter width. in other words, its not circular, its more of an oval shape. my guess is that i'll have to work extra hard to get this look with this brush. i've tried this look already, but it didn't show as well as i thought it would, so back to the drawing board hehe.