Edward Bess

Honey&LemonGirl

I ordered the Ultra Luminous Bronzer in Daydream about a week and a half ago, and was wondering if anyone had experience with the shipping procedures on the EB website (since there seems to be no order tracking, etc).

Other thoughts, favorites, or recommendations? I want to hear!

Bella Mac

Sorry, I dont have an anwser to your question. But, I was wondering if anyone has his lipsticks. They look so pretty, just wondering about the quality and if they are moisturizing.

pond23

I have been lurking for several years now, and this is my first post! I am a huge Chanel makeup fanatic, but now I have decided to venture into Edward Bess territory. I just placed an order for: Intimate e/s, Night Romance l/s, Daydream bronzer, Sunlight highlighter, and Island Rose cream rouge. I hope this makeup line lives up to the blogger hype!

Does anyone have any experience with his line? Thanks in advance!

I'm a MAC NC15 and a Chanel 0.5 / 1.0.
I am so excited to be posting now after having been a 'quiet' member for so many years.
pompom.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

I don't have too much experience with the line, except for the bronzer that I purchased a while back. I absolutely love the color and texture, but the fig scent is quite strong.

As for ordering from their website, I could not dislike it more. It took me three weeks to get my package, which is just not acceptable. Email communication with the customer service representatives was slow and unclear. You don't receive shipment confirmation OR order tracking unless you email to request it.

For future Edward Bess customers: Order off of Bergdorf Goodman or Neiman Marcus' websites, where the customer service is better (and can be held accountable) and the process has been more streamlined.

pond23

^ Thank you for the info Honey&LemonGirl! I will stick with BG & NM for ordering.

So far I received and tried the Night Romance lipstick. I love the creamy texture, and it was suprisingly long-lasting on me. On my medium pigmented lips, the color is a really pretty and flattering pink-rose color with neutral to cool undertones.

color_lover456

Hi everyone! I am an edward bess virgin and just got some of my order from the BG beauty card event last week...I just want to say that the compact rouges are TINYYYYYY $38 for 1.5 grams..(mac cremeblushes have 6 g, NARS have 4.5) it is a little ridiculous...had I known that maybe I would have thought twice about it

I will update once I get a chance to use it...sorry but 5 degrees is not warm enough to use makeup...i just stay in bed and pray that I don't get hypothermia...

pond23

^ I ordered the compact rouge in Island Rose. I haven't tried it yet, but once I do, I will use it sparingly.

I have trouble blending other cream blushes (MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS, etc.), so I hope the texture of this one is superior to the other ones that I have tried.

JennsJewelz

I've been following Edward Bess for some time now... the lip colours look divine! I'm in Canada, though, so it's a little bit difficult to order (and ridiculously expensive!) I am planning a summer trip to NY, however, and may just have to stop by his counter to get something in person!

pond23

I am loving the Daydream bronzer. I wear it almost every day! It has replaced Giorgio Armani's bronzing powder in #1 as my favorite bronzer. I am a MAC NC15, so most bronzing powders end up turning orange or muddy on me.

The lipsticks have a divine texture! Very creamy but highly pigmented and long-lasting. I hope he comes up with more neutral to cool-toned shades. Most warm-toned lipsticks pull brown or orange on me.

Honey&LemonGirl

I agree, the Daydream bronzer totally ousted my Guerlain Terracotta bronzer. It's so subtle and pretty and looks incredibly natural and glowing!!

lexijojohnson

Must. Have. Daydream! I have Desert Sun bronzer by him and it's a little much for my NC20 skin. I would love to swap with someone who has Daydream and thinks it's too light for them!

devoted2makeup

You all are making me want to try his bronzer. I have used both of his brushes, Storm eye shadow and Love affair compact rouge. I love Storm and I really like the fig scent in his rouge's too, they all seem to be high quality. I'm having a lipgloss being sent to me, so I will post again once I receive it.

oyster480

I ordered the Daydream bronzer from NM. It arrived within a week, and I live in CA. However I ended up returning it because the price tag seemed a big hefty. I ordered it for contouring reasons, having seen reviews on it stating it had no orange or muddy tones. On my face though, I couldn't see much of a difference between Daydream and my Chanel Soleil, so I returned it. Thinking of ordering Desert Sun to see how they compare....

Still on the hunt for a good contour color with no orange or muddiness!

Honey&LemonGirl

Yeah, Edward Bess himself has stated before that his bronzer isn't meant for contouring. I use it strictly as bronzer. Chanel's Bronze Universal (Soleil Tan de Chanel) is the same, I use it as bronzer because it's too warm-toned to be a convincing contour color for my skin. As far as the difference between the two, Daydream looks very natural on me (NC20-25), whereas the Chanel can look fake and a little too yellow/orange when I'm pale. When I'm a bit tanned up though, Bronze Universel looks amazing, just totally enhances a tan.

But as I said, I don't use (and wouldn't recommend using) either of these products in the hopes that they'll be great contours. For contouring, I like something like MAC Strada or Emote, or one of the Sculpt powders. Slightly more neutral browns, not too dark and not so neutral that they're totally muddy.

Winthrop44

Can anyone describe the "color" of Daydream bronzer to me? Is it peachy like Dior Aurora, or rosy, or a completely neutral light tan?

MzzRach

I am just getting into this line and will post a detailed review of the items I have as soon as I have time to properly do it. What I have tried so far (lipsticks, gloss, blush) I am really loving. The line is simple yet sophisticated and well edited. The staff at the counter at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC have been super helpful with ordering (via phone, since I am on the west coast).

Will report back!

Ikram

Hi bringing back older thread.

Did anybody try the new Quad Royales? How do you like them? How do you use them?

I am loving South of France, just bought it, I loved it when SA applied it on me but also thinking about getting the other one, Summer in Capri.

Ikram

Hi bringing back older thread.

Did anybody try the new Quad Royales? How do you like them? How do you use them?

I am loving South of France, just bought it, I loved it when SA applied it on me but also thinking about getting the other one, Summer in Capri.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm curious about this line. Are the shades really unique? Enough to warrant the price?

Ikram- South of France is the item I was thinking of trying out first. From what I've seen, it looks beautiful- glad to know you liked it!