Effective Noncomedogenic sunscreen lotion that does not feel icky for face and hands?

Selene

I can't stand the feel of sunscreen lotion on my skin, especially on my hands. It feels so sticky, and I notice that it tends to ruin my manicures (It leaves a coating on nailpolish which dulls the shine and does not wash off even with soap and water). Also, it makes my face look and feel greasy.

I know that I should use sun protection, because ultraviolet rays can cause wrinkles and skin cancer. I don't get much sun exposure (I avoid it as much as possible, because bright sunlight gives me headaches, and because I don't want to raise my risk wrinkles and skin cancer), but I would like to find a good sunscreen for the small amount of incidental sun exposure I do get.

Do you know of an effective (for both UVA and UVB rays), noncomedogenic sunscreen that does not feel sticky or greasy, or ruin manicures? My skin type is normal to oily, and very prone to shine.

What about gel formulations? Do they feel any less sticky than lotions?

If you have a recommendation, please post it here. Thanks.

solardame

I use ColoreScience Sunforgettable Powder Spf30 (waterproof/retains protection after 80min. of activity)
Titanium Dioxide (12%), Zinc Oxide (12%)

It comes in a few variations - brush dispenser, roller ball, and shaker. I maybe forgetting something.. It's a bit pricey, but I bought the refill (tube w/ screw cap) so it was cheaper and I use a cheap brush to apply it. At the time when I bought mine it was only offered in All Clear (white powder). I'm a c25/c3, it doesn't leave any more of a "cast" than other sunscreens I've tried. Now they have one that is tinted maybe a better choice depending on your skintone.

Umm, so far no bad reactions, but like most mineral products this does contain bismuth oxychloride. Some people say they can't tolerate bismuth. There maybe one out there that doesn't. It would be worth looking into since powder doesn't leave a heavy, greasy film.

Sorry, I don't know of any gels.

ette

I love Biotherm Sunfitness Refreshing Gel, its got an amazing scent and doesn't clog pores.

mzcelaneous

I love my Aveeno sunblock for faces. I use it on my daughter too. It's not greasy, sticky, or thick and it has never caused me to breakout.

lara

Try something that's an alcohol-based gel. I use Sun Sense broad spectrum SPF40+ gel all over my face and body, and it doesn't wreck my manis.
smiles.gif