Electro p/p changing color? :\

GlamYOURUs

I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me in any way but I could have sworn my electro p/p was a tad brighter when I had bought it. It seems so much lighter now, almost like a light blue, cornflower blue color. I always keep them in storage with the lid on tight. What could be the result of this happening? Heat?
th_dunno.gif

I have 9 other paintpots but none of them has changed in color or texture.

TDoll

I actually noticed my Pharaoh pp doing this too, but I realized it was maybe the result of (eeew) dirty fingers or brushes...like from where UDPP or another primer, or foundation or powder getting mixed up into it from where you re-dip your finger or brush into it. I dunno, that's the only explanation I could think of for mine! But I agree with you.... I remember when I first bought my Pharaoh, I thought it was the brightest color ever...but now it just looks a little washed out or dull. I've had it for 2 or 3 months.

But I dunno, it could be something else...
th_dunno.gif

abbyquack

When reading about paint pots in the forum someone mentioned that because they're in glass containers they can get faded by the sun? I dunno, it's possible that the way they're being store could affect the color but then again I could be totally way off. haha.

Heiaken

Lightning can really change the colour of the product. When I was buying a Juicy Tube the colour in display product was really faded out compared to the unused one in the box.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have Electro Sky, Pharoah, and Otherworldly from McQueen. The only one I have used several times is Otherworldly, as recent as a few days ago. It's just as bright as ever. I do store it in my MAC traincase though so maybe because it's never really exposed to light except when I'm using it?

Distinque

I have Electro Sky also and it hasn't changed on me what so ever. I do keep them in my traincase which I keep locked and sealed after using them.

kimmy

the heat shouldn't change the colour of any of your mac products. at the beginning of the summer, we weren't running the air conditioner in my house and it seriously would be 115-124 degrees inside the house everyday when i got home and it didn't effect the colour of any of my products. it did melt the shit out of my tendertones though haha, and made my paints hotter than fuck to the touch.

the only thing i can think of if the product is getting any sunlight. if not, i would contact mac as it may be a faulty product that you got. did you buy it from a counter/store or from a second hand seller online?

GlamYOURUs

I keep all my makeup in a storage unit away from heat, dust etc.

I actually missed out on this collection so all of my McQueen stuff was bought from sellers here on specktra. I guess it could be contamination on my part if heat isn't the culprit. But I always clean my brushes before dipping it in anything. :\ And they have no residue of any kind. The color just faded. And now that I look at my pharaoh p/p, its more yellow than before. Oh no...