Emergency!!

caRpediEm17

how do you get rid of hickeys?!?!?! i got one for the first time and i cant let my mom see it, she'll flip! so any way to help it go away faster?? TIA~!

Shimmer

not much you can do, except treat it like a bruise.

Some people try putting cool spoons on the spot.

Jennifer Mcfly

just cover it with some foundation and powder. Or get a cute sleeveless turtle neck tee. Or some cute scarves. Unless scarves are something you normally wouldn't wear, that would draw more attention to your neck.

bottleblack

A collared shirt might help? Concealer set with powder?

I'm sorry, not to downplay your situation but this thread made me giggle!
smiles.gif

caRpediEm17

haha no no its alright, i was laughing as i was typing it..i was like oh man i must sound like a moron rightnow...haha but theres a reason its my first hickey! cuz they are so unattractive!! thanks though ladies! ill juSs try to cover it up until it goes away!

as_cute_as_pie

i was once very drunk and fell asleep and as a 'joke'
icon_eek.gif
my bf gave me 4 on my neck and these were huge huge bruises lol i put sh*tloads of foundation on them and wore my hair over them for a while and no one even noticed except for the people who knew they were there lol

NutMeg

Oh god. My bf gave me one on the weekend when I was sleeping. What a dick.
greengrin.gif
Granted he thought I was pretending to be asleep... Apparently I rolled over onto his face and he thought I was just trying to be annoying. Lol.

Ok,this won't help you now, but in the future if you rub at them right after you get one it stops the blood from congealing in one place and makes it smaller or non-exsistent. A cool spoon helps too, but mostly once they're set, concealer/foundation/powder is all you can do. Good luck!

caRpediEm17

thanks ladies! and thanks NutMeg! thats a good idea for future reference! im happy to know that im not the only one who has had hideous, tacky bruises on her neck haha...

xmrsvindieselx

haha this made me laugh because one of my best friends keeps a spoon in her freezer..and her mom found it and was like " who the hell keeps putting this spoon in the freezer?!!?!" hahahaha. but coverup should work
smiles.gif