Emptying baggies (samples)

crashingg

What's the most efficient way to transfer pigment samples from baggies to a jar?
also, where can I buy jars for pigments? (preferably offline)

any help would be much appreciated!

xxManBeaterxx

I would empty the bag onto a sheet of paper and make a tunnel to transfer the pigment into the jar. A spoon would work well too

greengoesmoo

Storage Containers - Page 5
LOADS of craft stores will have the same/very similar. I get *almost* those in HobbyCraft in the UK

I snip a bottom corner off and gently tap it out into the pot. That way it stays sealed and reduced spillage.
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo
I snip a bottom corner off and gently tap it out into the pot. That way it stays sealed and reduced spillage.
smiles.gif

This!
thmbup.gif

Since most samples that come in baggies aren't huge, introducing a sheet of paper or some other tool will cost you a lot of product that gets stuck to this extra element.

I got my empties from ebay as well. I used to order jars from Coastal Scents, but since they don't have exactly the kind of jar i prefer I searched on ebay and found some from China that were super cheap and exactly the kind I wanted.
smiles.gif

tangledrose

I also snip the corner, but I leave the top open and rub the two sides together between my fingers so I can work it all out into the jars I get from ebay. This is after flicking it so the majority of powder is in one place anyway. Emptying baggies is a PITA really.

DILLIGAF

I second the craft shops. I would avoid containers with no shifter and treads. Product tends to get stuck in the treads. If you live in NYC or Miami I can also reccommend RICKY'S NYC. They have an online store as well.