EMS question for MAC employees

User67

So it's that time to order EMS again, not that I have recieved my first order yet LOL! Everyone says that it takes forever to come, how long is forever? 3 months? 6 months? And since it does take so long to come, what do you all usually order? If I order stuff I have really been wanting, I'm afraid I will have already bought it by the time my order comes KWIM? Advice please!

GreekChick

It usually takes 3 months. On some occasions, you might no receive items you ordered.
If you're starting out, order as many brushes as possible. They are expensive, so getting them as EMS is worth it. Also, try and order things that are necessary in a makeup kit, even if it's colors you wouldn't normally use on yourself. If you ever start doing makeup contracts, you will have alot of basics.
Now, I order everyday essentials in my EMS: foundation, 100 wipes, sponges, palettes, and so on. Ordering colors is great, but because of the number of collections that are released, some permanent colors, though essential to have, don't get used.

Katura

I order what I need backups of, burshes, skincare...I dont stress on EMS because it takes forever...like 2 months...and I have a BANGIN discount...so...its whatever. Just a nicety that MAC gives its employees.
smiles.gif

Bernadette

I just got to pick EMS for the first time recently. I picked a few brushes, a ton of lipsticks and few other things. Mostly stuff I want but don't feel like running out and buying. I've heard that it sometimes takes six months to arrive, maybe that's just for my region. I do know that at counters you can't order products you don't cary. Palette colors are fine but not pro pigemtns etc. I was told items like that won't be sent to you because they intend to give you things to wear that you can sell at your location.

calbear

EMS orders can take forever and help the heavens if you order something they don't have in stock (I ordered 2 242's and it took six months AFTER i received my ems order which already took 4-5 months to get those...really, REALLY - Y'all don't have a few 242's laying around???????)

MisStarrlight

I still haven't gotten everything from my new hire EMS-over a year ago...I got everything from my order 6 months in, but there are still 2 other orders that I haven't gotten yet either....pretty much, dont order anything you need immediately...

I order backups of stuff I use every day, random colors that I don't really use, but are pretty & stuff for my kit. This last EMS order was all full coverage foundations & 3 pairs of lashes. I'm hoping to get it at least by the new year.

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysecrets
do you guys have to order the stuff? or can you purchase in store?

mac gives you an allowance every 6 months. the amount they give you depends on how many hours you work on average. So instead of having to use your discount in the store, you just order stuff for free
smiles.gif

paparazziboy

the only downside to ems is its not at the discounted rate its at retail so since im 15 hours i get only $200 in ems so i would get stuff like wipes skin care lashes and pallets

VictoriaSecret4

ok thats what I'll probably get with mines since from what I have been reading it takes a while to get the stuff. I wonder how much I'll get if I'm at 26 hours only time will tell lol

the only downside to ems is its not at the discounted rate its at retail so since im 15 hours i get only $200 in ems so i would get stuff like wipes skin care lashes and pallets