Engaging Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo

alien21xx

here's a small FOTD I did last Sunday using the Engaging MES from the MAC Antiquitease Color Collection. Out of all the MES, this is the one I love most and I'm having second thoughts of giving it away to my sister (she's asking for it). What I used:
  • Face
    • Smashbox Phot Finish Primer
    • MUFE Mat Velvet+
    • GOSH Loose Powder
    • Pure Luxe Blushing Bride Mineral Blush
    • Terra del Sol No. 7
  • Eyes
    • UDPP
    • MAC Engaging Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo
    • MAC Your Ladyship Pigment
    • MAC Macroviolet Fluidline (I love this!)
    • Benefit Bad Gal Lash
  • Lips
    • MAC Hug Me Lipstick
    • MAC Trifle Lipglass (only on the center of my lips)
cimg3021.jpg

cimg3022.jpg

cimg3023.jpg

I really love the warm incandescent light this MES gives to my eyes. I did this same look again the following day but added a bit of Coco Beach pigment to the outer-v for better depth of my eyes. It's a really versatile MES and looks very elegant.

Thanks for looking!
winkiss.gif

LADII UNIQUE

gorrrrrrrrrgeous i just bought that one the other day. can you tell me the color placement or which color of the duo you used on the lid and crease

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADII UNIQUE
gorrrrrrrrrgeous i just bout that one the other day. can you tell me the color placement or which color of the duo you used on the lid

I used Your Ladyship on the inner 1/3 of my eyelids, sweeping out to cover about half my lids. Then I used the pinky beige side of the MES to layer on top of the Your Ladyship pigment at about the center of the lids. Last, I pat some of the yellow gold side on the other third of my lids and also swept a bit of this color over the crease. For all the application, I used patting motions and the only part that I blended was my crease so that the yellow gold from the MES swept out in a gradient to my brow bone.

I think if you don't have the pigment, you can still use any light ecru or warm cream-colored shadow or pigment for the inner lids. Only a very small portion of that color is visible in the gradient of this combo.
smiles.gif

Hope you found that useful.
smiles.gif

mandragora

This is soo pretty!

They're already out of Engaging in the South Coast Plaza Pro Store 2 weeks ago. Boo!

yummy411

great look. i haven't found a winning way to use this beautiful eyeshadow, so i might have to try this! thanks =)

darkishstar

This look is so elegant! Very pretty! I think the purple fluidline really makes a difference! Not obvious, but subtle. =)

alien21xx

Thank you ladies for your feedback. I was thinking more to use a black fluidline rather than Macroviolet and was also quite glad I used purple.
smiles.gif

Mandragora, that sucks that they're out of Engaging MES! I gotta say it's the easiest to use for me out of all the MES from the Holiday Collection, so I can really see why people are snapping it up so fast.
smiles.gif

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Yikes, the pics are gone! I'd love to see how this turned out!

Ooh no, really? I can still see it so maybe it's just my server where I uploaded the pix that is having a moment of robustness in not loading the pix. :O

BlahWah

Weird, I can see it now.
th_dunno.gif
And you look so pretty! I love how your eyes are glowing with it. =D