EOTD - Red and black

GGBlu

I caved this weekend and bought a MUFE eyeshadow ... WOW these things are pigmented. I don't own anything even remotely similar to #99 (scarlet red), so I figured what the hell?

Here's the look I did with it today. I did the "match my outfit" thing, so this was in conjunction with a black skirt, black knee high stiletto boots, a black beaded tank and a red cardigan.

All MAC unless otherwise stated. And ::gasp:: I forgot to put on mascara! I had to run out of the house ... hate the rain and how it slows my commute to work ... so the liner is a bit rushed as well.

Here goes ... cc, please. And I tightlined this one ... definitely makes a difference, but hurt like a mother.

::UDPP
::MUFE #99 on inner half of lid
::print e/s on out half
::Carbon e/s just in outer corner
::Naked Lunch to highlight
::L'oreal liquid liner (I'm *so* trying to love this ... but it doesn't seem to want to love me back)
::Smolder e/l to tightline and on lower waterline

316ryhx.jpg

1ewfhk.jpg

1609b15.jpg

ForgetRegret

Totally hot...I love red and black e/s...always such an awesome combo. Don't you hate when you're in such a rush you forget something like mascara?
ssad.gif
I forget basic crap like that too sometimes and want to kick myself...LOL Still an awesome look, though, even without the mascara.
thmbup.gif

GGBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Very nice look...I love the lining

Thanks Tish! Today was the first day, since I got the pigments from you, that I didn't use them ... Gilded Green made an appearance in some shape or form all weekend
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
me likey

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
That looks great on you.

Thank you ... I'm always so reticent about leaving my comfort zone, and this red definitely was miles from that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Totally hot...I love red and black e/s...always such an awesome combo. Don't you hate when you're in such a rush you forget something like mascara?
ssad.gif
I forget basic crap like that too sometimes and want to kick myself...LOL Still an awesome look, though, even without the mascara.
thmbup.gif

Ugh, it's so frustrating. I always used to keep things like mascara, liner, and lipglosses in the makeup bag I carry with me ... but it got too cumbersome, so I took most everything out unless it was something I planned to use that day ... that one came back to bite me this time around!
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Love it!!!

Thanks so much. I wasn't sure about this combo/blending at all, so it's great to hear positive feedback from people!

GGBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Looks fantastic!

Thank you ... and *speaking* of looking fantastic ... that photo retrospective you posted on your blog was just awesome. You are impossibly gorgeous.
yes.gif
I loved the 2006 pic the best ... the red of that shirt just pops on you.

blackeneddove

That red is amazing.. I must get my hands on it! I really like the black/red combo.. my favorite combos are usually a lighter color/black because they're easy and they always look hot! Your liner looks good for being in a rush and winged liner is tricky even when you have time so good job!

GGBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeneddove
That red is amazing.. I must get my hands on it! I really like the black/red combo.. my favorite combos are usually a lighter color/black because they're easy and they always look hot! Your liner looks good for being in a rush and winged liner is tricky even when you have time so good job!

Thanks so much! I'm really still rather shaky with the liquid liners, but I'm certainly working at it. And your lining is always totally on point, so I'm quite flattered by your comments.

I've never owned a red shadow before, but I have to admit, this one is awesome. It can be blended down to a nice pink, or just packed on for a serious red. I don't love the price ($19 for one shadow!) but I love the magnetic packaging, and really, as pigmented as this is, it'll certainly last quite some time.

I hope MUFE doesn't become my new obsession ... I truly won't be able to afford it!
th_dunno.gif

Zoffe

Red+black is one of my favorite combos!
smiles.gif
And that red e/s look amazing!
I think you need to work a little on your liquid liner though
smiles.gif
Have you tried a gel liner instead of a liquid? They seem to be easier to use
smiles.gif

GGBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoffe
Red+black is one of my favorite combos!
smiles.gif
And that red e/s look amazing!
I think you need to work a little on your liquid liner though
smiles.gif
Have you tried a gel liner instead of a liquid? They seem to be easier to use
smiles.gif

I have the gel, but I've been in a liquid liner mood lately. I go through stages I guess
winks.gif

But the liner looks so choppy because I was running out of the house and had about 30 seconds to put it on both eyes. Usually it's a bit more steady.

LC

pretty blending
smiles.gif
I ran out of naked lunch probably a year ago and you just reminded me that I miss it lol