*eotd: semi-smoky eye

jess98765

wow. loves it
smiles.gif

jeanna

you know, i was just looking at smut last night and was seriously contemplating on whether i needed it or not. after seeing this, now i KNOW i do! haha... and dammit, Square One had a Moth Brown tester out a few weeks ago and got me all excited, only for them to tell me that they don't have it in stock. why oh why must they toy with my emotions like that??!
ssad.gif

anyway... i digress... so on to the comments:

this application makes your eyes look very round - teach me!
yay, neutrals... you know i love it : )
you really need to do a full face with this eye look, i'm sure the whole look would look amazing!

sassy*girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
you know, i was just looking at smut last night and was seriously contemplating on whether i needed it or not. after seeing this, now i KNOW i do! haha... and dammit, Square One had a Moth Brown tester out a few weeks ago and got me all excited, only for them to tell me that they don't have it in stock. why oh why must they toy with my emotions like that??!
ssad.gif

anyway... i digress... so on to the comments:

this application makes your eyes look very round - teach me!
yay, neutrals... you know i love it : )
you really need to do a full face with this eye look, i'm sure the whole look would look amazing!

i really like smut esp. for this kind of look! i think it's my darkest (neutral-ish) e/s, since i dunno if i can completely pull off using a really black one. ahh that sucks! moth brown is a very nice colour and i can't seem to find another mac e/s like it *sigh* i'll let you know if i ever see one around the area
smiles.gif

does it really? haha, i didn't notice that, but i guess it kinda does, doesn't it? lol. i dunno if it's just the angle (which was pretty much straight forward, i think!) but anyway, what i did was something similar to the smoky-eye tutorial for asian eyes that i posted up on the tutorials section.

- i used moth brown to define my crease (prety much like how the diagram shows it w. purple) and then i put smut on the outer just by patting and blending it to blend w. moth brown.

- after i did that, i took retrospeck and applied it on the inner part that didn't have any e/s on it (the blank/white part underneath the purple e/se on the diagram) and blended that up with moth brown and out with smut.

- then i just kept building the application to make it look smokier

- i added filament a bit on the browbone and on the inner bottom then i added a little bit of shroom above where moth brown ended

- i used the powerpoint on my waterline, 3/4 of the way in, and did the same thing to the upper lashline and smudged it. after that i applied the mascara on the top lashes after using an eyelash curler and also put some mascara on the bottom lashes carefully.

- i also took a q-tip, put smut on it and applied that really close to the lashline on the outer v... but more like a mini-v. just really concentrating it on the corner and stuff.

i used the 224, 242, 213 and another brush similar to 213 but a bit larger. gotta get better brushes. haha.

it kinda follows this tutorial found here in terms of placement, i think.

i'll try to do a full face with this if i'm going out sometime. if i get my hands on some false eyelashes as well, i'll wear it with this look!

hope that helps
winks.gif

Joke

It's very gorgeous!!!
It's amazing how this brown color actually accentuates your eyes!
And hands down for the perfect technique!!!