essence beauty awards

zuiahiah99

I just got the new August issue with Usher and baby Usher on the cover and they had the award winners for their reader's choice beauty awards listed. Some of the winners were:

eyeshadow:
Mac- goldmine, mythology,honey lust, shroom, and amber lights

lip gloss
Mac- nymphette, viva glam VIse

lipstick
MAC CHINTZ

BLUSH-
mac-format, sweet as cocoa and ambering rose

Foundation-
Mac-studio fix

How many of these do you own or what would you add/change on this list?

Tashona Helena

I own four - mythology, amber lights, studio fix powder and format blush.

It seems about right I guess...lol. I'm pretty bold with my looks so I dunno. My favorite eyeshadows are Climate Blue, Suspicion, Mulch & Magnetic Fields, Patina (my highlight).

My lipstick right now is Underplay...I loveee it. It's an Amplified Creme but I can still sheer it down or make it bold according to how I feel.

I love studio fix powder...so much.
smiles.gif

My favorite blush at the moment is X-Rocks, I pair it with Raizin.

Lipgloss...Sock Hop is the only MAC Gloss I reach for constantly. I'm such a Beauty Rush whore.

greatscott2000

I have to disagree with the Viva Glam VI se lipglass, I know Eve is a spokeswoman but it is too frosty pink for my liking.

Ambering Rose is a good one on the list.

AppleDiva

I would add Cultured l/g to that list....Every women regardless of color or ethnicity needs that color.... I just love it. I layer w/ different color shades. Also would add Natural MSFs.

i looked every where for this mag but only found the july issue. i wanted to know what else was on the beauty awards. as for what you listed... i would add studio tech, razin blush, and the entire colors collection

zuiahiah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlof1983
i looked every where for this mag but only found the july issue. i wanted to know what else was on the beauty awards. as for what you listed... i would add studio tech, razin blush, and the entire colors collection

here is the whole list:

Eyeshadow:
1. mac eyeshadow in Goldmine,mythology,honey lust, shroom,amberlights
2.fashion fair cosmetics in dare, golden chesnutt, winterberry
3.loreal hip in brazen, dynamic, suacy, charisma
4. maybelline in emerald isle, bronze clintz, cinnamon spice

Mascara
1. maybelline great lash
2. covergirl exact lash
3. lancome his definiclis
4. loreal voluminous full definition

lipgloss
1. mac in nymphette, viva glam se
2. mary kay berry sparkle, sugarberry, cream and sugar, gold rush, beach bronze
3. vs beauty rush in sugar high, strawberry fizz, coconut craze, bubble it up
4.covergirl wetslick fruitspritzer in cool cocoa mint, raspberry

lipstick
1. mac chintz
2. mary kay rich fig, golden gingerbread, black cherry, downtown brown, nutmeg, sunburst, red, amber suede, mocha freeze
3.avon cerry jubilee, ravishing red
4. covergirl chocolate shine and cinnamone shine

blush
1. mac in format, sweet as cocoa, ambering rose
2. mary kay gold canuon
3. nars orgasam, lovejoy
4. fashion fair warm sand

foundations(they list shades, but we come in all differnt shades
yahoo.gif
)
1. mac studio fix
2.mary kay full and medium coverage
3. mary kay mineral powder
4. fashion fair perfect finish cream makeup

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
I have to disagree with the Viva Glam VI se lipglass, I know Eve is a spokeswoman but it is too frosty pink for my liking.

I agree the MAC woman tried to sell me this but it was wayyy to frosty and creamy like for me!

lilchocolatema

Go figure...almost everything is brown or gold!!!
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiahiah99
I just got the new August issue with Usher and baby Usher on the cover and they had the award winners for their reader's choice beauty awards listed. Some of the winners were:

eyeshadow:
Mac- goldmine, mythology,honey lust, shroom, and amber lights

lip gloss
Mac- nymphette, viva glam VIse

lipstick
MAC CHINTZ

BLUSH-
mac-format, sweet as cocoa and ambering rose

Foundation-
Mac-studio fix

How many of these do you own or what would you add/change on this list?

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Go figure...almost everything is brown or gold!!!
ssad.gif

You seem surprised.

sexychefva804

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
You seem surprised.

I agree these colors are too play it safe. However they could be a must have in a WOC's palette. Their nominations sound like what MAC MA's try to sell us when they don't know or we don't express that we love color (which I doubt that those who love color would stand idly by and let an MA pick out a neutral) Anywhoo, I wish they would've added:

MAC Eyes: Nocturnelle, Contrast, Deep Truth, Humid, Passionate (Basically Anything with Color!!!!)

L/G: Style Minx, Foolishly Fab

Nars Lippie : Fire Down Below

MAC Lippie: Dubbonet, Hollywood Nights, 4N

MAscara: DiorShow and DiorShow Blackout

Overall Beauty: They could've shouted out Carol's Daughter!!

Tashona Helena

haha well I had hopeful thinking maybe there would be atleast one bold color before opening it too but nah. Maybe one day.
smiles.gif
I miss the days of Suede magazine. They made an effort to teach women of color how to rock bright blue looks and such. But alas, RIP Suede.
ssad.gif
I'm forever picking up old copies for inspiration.

zuiahiah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
haha well I had hopeful thinking maybe there would be atleast one bold color before opening it too but nah. Maybe one day.
smiles.gif
I miss the days of Suede magazine. They made an effort to teach women of color how to rock bright blue looks and such. But alas, RIP Suede.
ssad.gif
I'm forever picking up old copies for inspiration.

i miss vibevixen,suede, honeymag. Those mags are not afraid to show you how to do colors. I find myself looking at online mags and blogs for more better beauty info. i wish i could find some old honey or suede mags

when essence first put the survey out I was waiting to see what other women around the country use (product junkie). but most of the winners are brown colors. I am not a hater on brown, but, love color on my eyes and am slowly buying colors for my lips and blushes.
cutey.gif

MiCHiE

Well, I don't know how it is where y'all live, but (besides the white eyeliner on the top lashline) this is what I see black women wearing in real life and on TV (besides music acts and such). This is a never ending soft spot for WoC Specktra ladies because we are the other side of the coin. This is the only place I can go (besides my own mirror) and see WoC rocking the hell out of color! I'm guessing we're a small minority, not afraid to wear color.

Tashona Helena

^ oh believe I live in Slower Lower lol but I still see beautiful ladies of color on vacation on the boardwalk and in the stores down here rockin colorful makeup every once and a while. Makes me smile.
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

I think these are the colors that MAC sells to anyone new. It is like Oh Baby, see a woman of color, sell her Oh Baby and Chestnut lipliner. I think it is their starting point for us and unless you go back because you like, they will continue to sell this stuff to newbies and their are newbies born everyday.

Do you notice there are no crease colors, that is why you see women walking around with gold on their lids and that is it, oh no wait, shroom as a highlight, which looks quite ashy on my skin, at least.