Essie “The Art of Spring Collection” for Spring 2010

Tavia

Hi Girls!
The Art of Spring Collection by Essie will be launched in the US in the beginning of January 2010. You can see photos here. The collection contains 6 new nail polishes of 15 ml for the price of 12,95 Eur each. The collection contains:
  • Lilacism
  • Neo Whimsical
  • Pop Art Pink
  • Nouveau Red
  • Tart Deco
  • Van D'go
I hope this info was useful for you guys
smiles.gif

melozburngr

meh, I love essie, but I'm so not a pinks kinda gal. Lilacism and Tart Deco aren't bad though. I'd have to see them in person.

LMD84

thanks for the info
smiles.gif
i have only got a couple of essie polishes but like them so far
smiles.gif
these colours are quite pretty although i don't usually wear pastels....but these look very tempting!

Shadowy Lady

My Trade Secret just got these so I bought Neo Whimsical and Lilacism. They're super pretty and feminine. I need to do swatches soon...

BEA2LS

i saw these at ulta, i really want to give the peach one a try.. i do not really have any peach polishes.

enfusraye

I was soooo excited when I saw the promo pics for these so I ran to my nearest Ulta and... not so excited when I saw them in person.

I originally planned to pick up Van D'Go, Tart Deco, Pop Art Pink and Neo Whimsical and when all was send and done I left with only Van D'Go but am regretting that purchase.

Van D'Go - Almost pepto-esque, OMG STREAK CITY
Tart Deco - waaaay to orange for my liking
Pop Art Pink - looks like approx three coats of Rock Candy
Neo Whimsical - looked like it would make my fingers look dead (and if it's anything like Van D'Go it's probably streak, goop city as well)

I'm really saddened by this because I reaaaaally love Essie

LMD84

looks like i shall be skipping these even though the colours are nice! i have read on a few sites that most of these are streaky and hard to work with.

BEA2LS

i still would like to try tart deco, it is a bit orangy but most peaches do not work for me and oranges generally do.. this might work
smiles.gif
i really do not need any more pastel pinks and have been leeming opi's mod about you for my next one anyway so i will skip on those (i used to have that color have no idea where it went to..)

sweetkitty

So I love pastels and want to build my collection, I have been looking for swatches of the new china glaze vs this new essie.

And..... I find peachy keen from CG to be much more orange than tart deco, so I am going for tart deco. Whereas neowhimsical looks just like something sweet and lilacism looks just like light as air, so I am going for the CG's in those cause they look nicer and cheaper too, but very similar.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
looks like i shall be skipping these even though the colours are nice! i have read on a few sites that most of these are streaky and hard to work with.

well, the two I have are ok. I find Essie formula to still be superior to China Glaze', even their streaky ones apply better than ChG. They also wear longer.

I wish all polishes formula were like OPI's though