Essie's Matte About You

BritneyDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
ok so i know people here (and make-up alley) mentioned this does not have good wear and i totally agree! i put on rock star skinny (an essie vampy shade) with a thin layer of milani glitter over top. i added MAY and it looked awesome! the glitter looked so cool under the top coat, i loved it.. but two days later and it's chipping. but not even chipping like tip wear, it is actually peeling off for no reason. gross. so my final verdict is that this is a neat product, i do not regret buying it but it is for going out, weekends, etc.

I agree.Though for me it chipped in a matter of hours not days lol But yep i agree its best for nights out,not everyday wear.

enfusraye

I love MAY but has the ladies have already said - it chips within hours!!! It's great for going out or if you don't mind re-doing your nails every night. I still love it though.
drools.gif

BEA2LS

i am thinking it will look nice over ruby pumps for christmas
has anyone tried that combo here?

lara

I am wearing MAY for the first time now - I used to fake a matte finish years ago with the OPI matte Nail Envy, so that's my comparison mark. I'm wearing it over China Glaze Liquid Leather now, and it looks so clean and minimalist
smiles.gif
I'll try it over a glitter next mani.

Matte finish is definitely a tips only thing though, putting it on your toes is going to look dry and unkempt rather than sleek and minimalist.

BEA2LS

this ended up really growing on me! i guess i learned what kind of shades work for it and what does not. i love it with essie cocktail party (a sparkly reddish pink shade) it turns the color into such a pretty shade.. it reminds me of a pink suede purse i used to have when i was young
smiles.gif
it also makes me think of wrapping paper.

hauteness

I'm still on the fence with this one. Glitters look cool matte but I don't like anything else matte. Plus mattes chip quickly which I hate!