Everyday Minerals (all)

ikapela511

Hello DOLLS!!!..been MIA on here for awhile. MIssed it. Anyways...ive been thinking of trying out Everyday Minerals makeup/foundation...AND have NO clue as to what color to choose. I wear a C6 for MAC's studio fix. Which color is similar to that???..Thanks for your help!!
hmm.gif

Dreamergirl3

Re: Everyday Minerals..need help choosing color!!

you should get samples! They let you pick 3 colors of foundation, so you're chances of finding the right ones are good.

kimmy

definately get samples. and when you get the samples, try out a few differen finishes, as well that way you can find your perfect foundation, with a good colour match and the right finish too.
smiles.gif

TheRitz

Yeah you should totally get the samples. I did that then i got one of the custom kits. I got 2 foundations, 1 face color, 1 finishing powder, 1 concealer, and one brush, for 28 dollars, then i added 2 of their eyeshadows and it was like 38 altogether....i LOVE this stuff. seriously, its addicting. and its kool kuz u kan put as much as u wunt on and it doesnt look cakey. The only thing i hate is the packaging, kinda cheap but whatever. and the mineral eyeshadows are also very kute, just like mac loose eyshadows. anywho, hope this helps =-]

ikapela511

CRAZZYYY!!! All that stuff for 28.00.....i am seriously going ot try this out. I started Breaking out with the MAC studio fix. Quick question....how do you carry this stuff around in your purse for touch ups?..

Dreamergirl3

I usually dont carry them around for touchups haha...they're just so messy! but if I decided to (which, if I'm still using mineral makeup in summer, I'm gonna have to), I would either get a small sifter jar and just bring a travel brush with me, or I'd buy one of those refillable powder pens.

You can easily find small sifter jars from cosmetic supply websites, and some mineral makeup sites sell them, in various sizes. I would probably prefer the powder pen thing, but it's a lil expensive in my opinion.
Aromaleigh.com sells one for 26.00USD

and Bare Minerals makes a compact for loose mineral makeup
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ego ryId=5737
it's about the same price as the aromaleigh one

hth!

ikapela511

Thank so much for your help girl!!!...Will check out the pen one. it looks pretty interesting.

Pink_minx

Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

Have any of you tried their eyeshadows? I just ordered a free sample kit...Im really excited to try their products because its a lot cheaper than BE. Im just curious if their eyeshadows are well pigmented or if they last long?

astronaut

Re: Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

Their eyeshadows are pretty good. Well pigmented and lasts long. Everyday minerals is absolutely great. I'm not too crazy about their brushes though...

user79

Everyday Minerals - Sifter pots?

I have a question. Are the full size EM foundations in sifter pots (like Bare Escentuals) or are they just in plain jars with the foundation inside? I find the samples messy to use because they don't have little sifters on top, wondering if the full sized pots are like that too?

Steel

Re: Everyday Minerals - Sifter pots?

They definitely have sifters, even the minis do.

user79

The minis? Do you mean the sample sizes? Because those definitely don't, I have some samples at home...

Steel

No, I mean the 2.5g ones (before their website changed these were known as the minis).

retrokitten

Re: Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

I have twenty of EM's eyeshadows. I like them, they're well-pigmented and last if you use a primer. My one complaint is that they all seem to be sparkley, and they all seem to have the same sparkle -- no variation. I still really love them though. And with the e/s mini deal, you really can't go wrong!

astronaut

Yes they have sifters ^ as pictured above :p I love Everyday Minerals foundation, but my only problem is the jar. It's so messy because the jars are sort of hard to close. It doesn't close smoothly and effortlessly like the Bare Minerals jar. I think those that have tried both brands know what I mean...

jeannette

Everyday Minerals Blushes

Which is your favourite?

I just ordered B&B and Email me blushes (along with a sample of Apple) - can't wait for them to arrive!

Now I'm looking forward to getting more...any recommendations?
greengrin.gif

Dreamergirl3

Re: Everyday Minerals Blushes

Siesta! It's one of my faves
smiles.gif
it looks light, but it's great for that lit from within glow, IMO. Peachy pink. I loooove it. I'm light-medium, i suppose maybe nc25 (not sure, I don't use MAC foundation) with yellow-olive undertones. I wear EM foundation in Winged Butter. HTH!

hyperRealGurl

Re: Everyday Minerals Blushes

Girls Day,Apple,Nick Nack those are the colors i like best with my skintone, I am NC40. I ordered the sample kit a few weeks ago i have to say i am very impressed on how well their porducts are and how well the fndn covers. Although i have to mix 2 shades to get a match. I mix (medium tan, and olive medium.