Exactly how much caffeine is in Fix+

LionQueen

Does anyone know? I mean, if you gave your face a spray or two, how much caffeine would you actually get in your system? 2mgs? 20 mgs? I ask because I just bought some, and then I got it home and realized it had caffeine in it :/ I can't have caffeine - I can't drink coke or coffee... but I can eat a chocolate bar, so I can have a little bit of caffeine.. but only a little. I can't have more than 1 chocolate bar at a time.

Does anyone know the exact caffeine content? Thx in advance
smiles.gif

II3rinII

is this because of an allergy? there is caffeine in a lot of skincare, because though its bad for you to eat/drink caffeine its actually very good topically. im not sure of the amount, i may be able to find out at work. i just dont want you to have an allergic reaction if thats the case.

erine1881

as erin said, alot of skincare contains caffeine. while large quantities of caffeine might be able to be absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin, there's usually not enough in cosmetics/skincare to do so. unless you have a topical allergy to caffeine and, i'm sure you're fine to use fix+.

LionQueen

Thanks guys... I'm not allergic, just really sensitive. My heart will start racing if I drink a can of coke. However, I can eat a Hershey bar no problem, so I think as long as I keep it under 10 mgs or so I'm ok.

I'll have to google beauty products w/caffeine in them, I didn't know that many of them had it...

kaliraksha

You may want to ask an online rep at maccosmetics.com ... seems like they would get the usual questions about allergies.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionQueen
Thanks guys... I'm not allergic, just really sensitive. My heart will start racing if I drink a can of coke. However, I can eat a Hershey bar no problem, so I think as long as I keep it under 10 mgs or so I'm ok.

I'll have to google beauty products w/caffeine in them, I didn't know that many of them had it...

I don't think the caffeine in Fix + will affect you, unless you ingest it. Caffeine has a different effect used topically than internally.

Its like lets suppose clorox, if you touch it, it doesn't do much, when you ingest it, thats when its deadly. Yeah bad analogy, but its the one I thought up right now lol.

HTH.

LionQueen

So I tried Live Chat, got a very nice lady who told me she didn't have the info, but gave me a number to call to ask.

I just called the number, and got the rudest girl in the history of phone support. She sounded exasperated with my question, and said "First of all, I cannot tell you how much caffeine is in the product, and I can't tell you how much comes out on one use as everyone uses the product differently". I said "You can't tell me how much is in the bottle? Or, in just one average squirt", and she was like "AS I SAID M'AM, I cannot tell you.... "

I find it a bit unbelievable that she didn't have that information. I mean I understand they don't have percentages onhand for every single ingredient in every product, but this is an active drug, a drug that affects people, and they can't tell me how much caffeine is in the bottle? Or how much comes out in one spray? She was the most un-helpful person ever. I'm really kind of pissed off right now - I was nice to her and all I got back was attitude, not to mention no answer at all to my question. I had planned to explain my situation (being sensitive to caffeine) and ask her opinion about it being safe to use for me, but changed my mind as I could tell she really didn't give a damn.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am allergic to caffeine.......

Gah! I would die! Caffeine is one of my favourite food groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionQueen
So I tried Live Chat, got a very nice lady who told me she didn't have the info, but gave me a number to call to ask.

I just called the number, and got the rudest girl in the history of phone support. She sounded exasperated with my question, and said "First of all, I cannot tell you how much caffeine is in the product, and I can't tell you how much comes out on one use as everyone uses the product differently". I said "You can't tell me how much is in the bottle? Or, in just one average squirt", and she was like "AS I SAID M'AM, I cannot tell you.... "

I find it a bit unbelievable that she didn't have that information. I mean I understand they don't have percentages onhand for every single ingredient in every product, but this is an active drug, a drug that affects people, and they can't tell me how much caffeine is in the bottle? Or how much comes out in one spray? She was the most un-helpful person ever. I'm really kind of pissed off right now - I was nice to her and all I got back was attitude, not to mention no answer at all to my question. I had planned to explain my situation (being sensitive to caffeine) and ask her opinion about it being safe to use for me, but changed my mind as I could tell she really didn't give a damn.

Did you try this contact number??

Global Customer Relations may be able to help you when parter counters (i.e. Nordstrom, Macys), free-standing MAC stores or Live Chat cannot. Global Customer Relations has access to more in-depth info on products, ingredients, and other MAC issues.

This department can be reached via phone at 1-800-387-6707, (choose option #7) between the hours of 9am-5pm (EST) Monday-Thursday and 10am-5pm (EST) Fridays or via email at:
[email protected].

If not, give them a shot. If so, try again, perhaps by email. I am guessing it is a question they need to research a bit.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
......If it wouldn't make me look like a circus freak I would consider filling a camelpak up with joe and sporting it around all day.

Niiiiice. I like that! lol

Winthrop44

I agree with MAC_Whore. I have super sensitive skin and have had alot of ingredient questions over the years. They generally do have to research these things a bit and your question about quantity is more complicated than my usual questions about whether something is or isn't in a product. I would just go the e-mail route using the address MAC_Whore gave you above, and politely explain your situation and that you are looking for any quantitative info at all on the caffeine - whether they can give you an estimate of the amount in a single spray or in the whole bottle....you'll make the calculations from there. I did once ask a skincare company about how much green tea and grapeseed extracts were in their moistuirizer and they refused to tell me for competitive reasons - so be forewarned that they may feel that way too. It's hard for me to imagine someone absorbing more caffeine through their skin by applying Fix+ than by eating a chocolate bar, but the most relevant/important question is this: do *you* get palpatations when *you* use Fix+? With skincare products and cosmetics whether or not a given individual reacts negatively sometimes depends on the entire formulation and how various ingredients interact. Is it dangerous for you to experience the palpatations or just uncomfortable for a few minutes?

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I agree with MAC_Whore. I have super sensitive skin and have had alot of ingredient questions over the years. They generally do have to research these things a bit and your question about quantity is more complicated than my usual questions about whether something is or isn't in a product. I would just go the e-mail route using the address MAC_Whore gave you above, and politely explain your situation and that you are looking for any quantitative info at all on the caffeine - whether they can give you an estimate of the amount in a single spray or in the whole bottle....you'll make the calculations from there. I did once ask a skincare company about how much green tea and grapeseed extracts were in their moistuirizer and they refused to tell me for competitive reasons - so be forewarned that they may feel that way too. It's hard for me to imagine someone absorbing more caffeine through their skin by applying Fix+ than by eating a chocolate bar, but the most relevant/important question is this: do *you* get palpatations when *you* use Fix+? With skincare products and cosmetics whether or not a given individual reacts negatively sometimes depends on the entire formulation and how various ingredients interact. Is it dangerous for you to experience the palpatations or just uncomfortable for a few minutes?

Whether or not she has experienced palpitations thus far with fix+ is irrelevant. It doesn't mean she won't get them in the future. If she knows caffeine produces a harmful effect then the reasonable action would be to discontinue a product with a potential harmful ingredient until how much caffeine it contains is determined. It's not unreasonable to ask this of the manufacturer for medical reasons. You wouldn't say, continue to eat peanut granola bars after you discover you are peanut allergic. Why run the risk?

And as to palpitations being "uncomfortable vs dangerous", palpitations are a temporary heart arrhythmia. That feeling you get from palpitations is a warning sign. Any temporary arrhythmia carries a risk of not converting back to a normal rhythm at some point, which can be a medical emergency.
Would you poo-poo having your heart essentially malfunction for a few minutes from a product?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Gah! I would die! Caffeine is one of my favourite food groups.

I know...no chocolate...no coffee, decaf sucks, no caffeinated soda....But after I had to learn the hard way of the affects he had on my body and being in the hospital for weeks in misery until they figured it out...I gladly gave it up....But I have never been a big chocolate fan anyway....I do taste it occassionally....My doctor said I may have possibly grown out of the allergy but I have never really tested it to find out...the thought scares me. I have not endulged in caffeine foods or drinks in over 20 years...Always wanted to try one of those damn red bulls....But Vivarin almost put me in a coma...so Nope...i'll pass and just get plenty of sleep.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
[/b]Whether or not she has experienced palpitations thus far with fix+ is irrelevant. It doesn't mean she won't get them in the future. If she knows caffeine produces a harmful effect then the reasonable action would be to discontinue a product with a potential harmful ingredient until how much caffeine it contains is determined. It's not unreasonable to ask this of the manufacturer for medical reasons. You wouldn't say, continue to eat peanut granola bars after you discover you are peanut allergic. Why run the risk?

And as to palpitations being "uncomfortable vs dangerous", palpitations are a temporary heart arrhythmia. That feeling you get from palpitations is a warning sign. Any temporary arrhythmia carries a risk of not converting back to a normal rhythm at some point, which can be a medical emergency.
Would you poo-poo having your heart essentially malfunction for a few minutes from a product?

Um, excuse me I was not "poo-pooing" anything, nor was I suggesting she use it before finding out or not ask the manufacturer how much caffeine it contains. In fact I was suggesting the possibility that she *could* have a problem with it even if it does have only a small amount of caffeine if other ingredients in the product increase its absorption. BTW If you reread the OP you will see that she hasn't tried it yet at all because she read the ingredient list first....so I was hardly saying hey if you already used it with no problem, just keep using it and don't bother looking into it! lol

Ruby_Woo

Just try a glycerin spray or something to avoid the whole fix+ ordeal. I looked up in our product manual it gives ingredients, no percentages at all. Thats the info we all get. If its thaaaat big of a deal, just avoid it. Its spring water w/ caffeine and camomile.

What are you look fix+ to do for you? or what like do you wanna use it for? Because there are always other products out there. MAC makes a glycerin spray sold at PRO locations and that one is good for using w/ shadows.

HTH.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Um, excuse me I was not "poo-pooing" anything, nor was I suggesting she use it before finding out or not ask the manufacturer how much caffeine it contains. In fact I was suggesting the possibility that she *could* have a problem with it even if it does have only a small amount of caffeine if other ingredients in the product increase its absorption. BTW If you reread the OP you will see that she hasn't tried it yet at all because she read the ingredient list first....so I was hardly saying hey if you already used it with no problem, just keep using it and don't bother looking into it! lol

Fair enough. I misunderstood what you were saying then, thus the rant, lol.