Exchanges at MAC

banjobama

Can you exchange a product at MAC if you don't have the original packaging or receipt?

I bought Global Glow MSF last week and I wanted to try it out but I can't make it work for me. It's too dark and looks orange on me.

Dumb me, I threw away all the packaging. I don't want to hassle the MAs about it or make it seem like I'm being difficult on purpose.

goink

Ooh. I think you are able to get an exchange if you have your original packaging, but since you dumped that...I don't know what the SA will do.

It's best to call them. That way, you don't have to walk away from the store embarrassed.
lol.gif

Good luck!

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by goink

It's best to call them. That way, you don't have to walk away from the store embarrassed.
lol.gif

You read my mind! Haha!

banjobama

UPDATE: I called the counter and the lady who answered was so friendly! She told me it was no problem to exchange my MSF even though I didn't have the original packaging or the receipt. I turned it in for Gold Spill! YAY!

claresauntie

Hey, to help eliminate the confusion and fear, make sure you're in the computer system. They should log all of your purchases at MAC and Nordstrom, at least (not sure about how other counters might function).

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Hey, to help eliminate the confusion and fear, make sure you're in the computer system. They should log all of your purchases at MAC and Nordstrom, at least (not sure about how other counters might function).

Hmm, they have never taken my info before. The girl was so nice!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
Hmm, they have never taken my info before. The girl was so nice!

Odd. They should ask you for your phone number at each purchase. That's how they find you in the system...

I don't work at a MAC store, so we have a different computer system, but I know they ask me at the MAC Store (where I have to do my shopping). But I suspect that the system is similar to what I use. It should log all of your purchases for you, but you have to "register" with them (give them your # and address). A few of my customers occasionally shop at the MAC Store, too, and get confused because they are in the system over there and don't realize that MAC and Nordstrom don't use the same database.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Odd. They should ask you for your phone number at each purchase. That's how they find you in the system...

I don't work at a MAC store, so we have a different computer system, but I know they ask me at the MAC Store (where I have to do my shopping). But I suspect that the system is similar to what I use. It should log all of your purchases for you, but you have to "register" with them (give them your # and address). A few of my customers occasionally shop at the MAC Store, too, and get confused because they are in the system over there and don't realize that MAC and Nordstrom don't use the same database.

I never get asked for my info. The only time I ever get logged is when I go to my regular MA at the MAC store and my friend at the MAC counter. Every time I buy bits and pieces from other MAC MA's from time to time, they never ask. They just do my purchase and I'm on my way.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I never get asked for my info. The only time I ever get logged is when I go to my regular MA at the MAC store and my friend at the MAC counter. Every time I buy bits and pieces from other MAC MA's from time to time, they never ask. They just do my purchase and I'm on my way.

Shame on them!
soapbox.gif

Next time, tell them you're in the system and you'd like the purchase logged into your record. I like being in the computer, because that way when I invariably forget the name of "that brown eyeshadow" I can just have them look it up.
lol.gif

princess

I will actually prefer it that my purchases aren't logged. Can't I have some privacy on what I buy??? But since I have a regular MA that I go to she logs ALL my purchases. :confused: