exfoliate!

ninahxd

can anybody recommend me a decent price and quality product exfoliating ; and how often do you exfoliate? 8) thanks in advance! <3

ette

I exfoliate 3 times a week with Lush's Mask of Magnaminty, you leave it on for 20 minutes and remove it in circular motions, causing the minty bits to exfoliate your face. Its awesome.
Another one I use 2-5 times a week is MAC Microfine Refinisher. My skin gets dry and flaky so this helps get rid of those flakes when they happen.
Both are relatively mild b/c I have a very sensitive face.
Hope to help
wavey.gif

JunkaLunk

St. Ives Apricot scrub is heaven sent. oh yes. And usually I exfoliate every other day or every day, but I WOULD NOT recommend that for dry sensitive skin.

ninahxd

Thanks for the replys ! I bought the st. ives apricot scrub & it works very well! =)
ette ; where do you buy the lushs mask of magnaminty? local drugstores like cvs, rite aid & eckerd?

kaliraksha

Originis Modern Friction is heaven sent... no joke... I love the smell... it's mild does a great job... and what you do is your rub it on dry and its such a paste it doesnt hurt or anything... then add a little water and it activates into a cleanser.... and then rinse and it's wonderful!

I also use MAC microfine refinisher which IS awesome for those little skin flakes...

I use apricot scrub in the shower... i think i might exfoliate too much... i do it like 4 times a week

lara

I use the MAC microfine refinisher on wet skin twice a week.
smiles.gif

Jut be careful not to over-exfoliate, though. It can over-stimulate the skin and lead to excess sebum production with the possibility of breakouts or red patches. I can tell when clients have over-scrubbed their faces prior to seeing me, especially on their foreheads - lots of tiny little raised bumps that aren't quite pimples, but textured and very uneven to the touch.

nicemeka

eyelove.gif
LUSH- Mask of Magnaminty is a very good exfoilate. I try to use it 2x a week, leaves your skin feeling like a peppermint and clean.
eyelove.gif

aziza

Good ol' baking soda! Mix it into a paste with water and do your thing. Gentle, effective, and cheap!

ette

Another homemade scrub that I've used on girls I babysit when I do "spa" nights for them LOL is olive oil, honey, and sea salt. It leaves their skin really soft and pretty! I'm not sure though if it would break someone whose older than 8 out though LOL.

Temptasia

I make a paste out of uncoated aspirin and spectrol jel and apply it as a mask. When it hardens, I wet my hands and gently scrub in circular motions with the bits of dissolved aspirin.

I do this about 1 or twice a week.

In the shower, I use Olay Thermal skin polisher or Clean & Clear Blackhead scrub.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I make a paste out of uncoated aspirin and spectrol jel and apply it as a mask. When it hardens, I wet my hands and gently scrub in circular motions with the bits of dissolved aspirin.

I do this about 1 or twice a week.

In the shower, I use Olay Thermal skin polisher or Clean & Clear Blackhead scrub.

I swear my mam use to do something with like that with aspirin an her skin looks great!
icon_eek.gif

brandiisamonkey

I use a BHA to exfoliate specifically Paulas choice I really like it, but its not like what you think of when you think Exfoliate lol

I REALLY want to try the Patricia Wexler line though I her all of her stuff and esp her exfoliator is AWESOME!

lovejam

I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Very gentle exfoliator that I use every night. My skin was always good to begin with, but the daily exfoliation made it that much better. It's brighter, if that makes any sense.

jessiekins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Very gentle exfoliator that I use every night. My skin was always good to begin with, but the daily exfoliation made it that much better. It's brighter, if that makes any sense.

me too. I LOVE IT!
eyelove.gif

steponme

St. Ives' scrub is a favorite. Oil of Olay's microderm/peel combo is also great. I do this 2x/week and it keeps my skin in good condition, which really helps with makeup application.

ebonyannette

I am a Dermalogica lover also, on the drugstore end I hear good things about the oil of olay one but I have never used it. Im not to keen on apricot scrub it wreaks havoc on my skin for some reason.

The best thing to do is just try one, I personally dont like big granuals when looking for an exfoliator I look for really small and round scrubbies.