'Expensive pink' alternatives?

celestia

(I'm obviously blind because I can't track down any thread that fits the "Palette advice: if you could only have one MAC 15x pro pan, what choice colours would you select" category)

So I'm having trouble fitting 15 e/s into one MAC pro palette. I've narrowed them down and expensive pink has to go- I do want to leave a pink and gold shade in there that can simulate/dupe expensive pink decently.

Has anyone come across two separate pink and gold e/s that are deadringers or is expensive pink really worth investing in either way?

Thanks so much in advance!

M.A.C. head.

I just wore Expensive Pink yesterday LOL And it's one of the first MAC e/s I ever bought. I would say that Paradisco is similar to EP, just a little more muted per say.

X4biddenxLustX

It's been a while since I've compared these two but in my opinion, I think that expensive pink looks like a lighter version of Coppering. Sorry if I'm wrong its been a while.

celestia

thank you for these suggestions! Please keep them coming
smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
It's been a while since I've compared these two but in my opinion, I think that expensive pink looks like a lighter version of Coppering. Sorry if I'm wrong its been a while.

swatch-warmes.jpg

Same colour family, but I wouldn't suggest one as an adaptable version of the other.

The duochrome nature of Expensive Pink makes it reasonably unique - you can get close to duplicating it at a glance, but that depth of colour makes it tricky to get just right.

celestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
...you can get close to duplicating it at a glance, but that depth of colour makes it tricky to get just right.

Which e/s combinations would you suggest would have a close dupe to it (understanding the trade off in the depth of colour)?

celestia

Thanks animacani! Would you recommend an extra 'gold' sort of shade to help get that duo-chrome effect? (understanding that the same depth won't be achieveable)

ri0tdorque

This could just be me but when I put Expensive Pink and Mythology side by side I cannot tell the difference and when I put them on....can't tell the difference either other than Mythology needs a second coat so to speak.

ri0tdorque

This could just be me but Mythology is very similar at least next to each other I know they have different finishes but it's worth a try?
ssad.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0tdorque
This could just be me but Mythology is very similar at least next to each other I know they have different finishes but it's worth a try?
ssad.gif

swatch-expenspinkmythology.jpg

Mythology, Expensive Pink

Same colour family, but I wouldn't call it a complete dupe.

Shenanigans

I think what I'm reading from the OP is that she wants a pink and a gold that she can layer to create a similar colour to Expensive Pink.

I don't have a recommendation for the colours, but have you considered taking out the palette insert? I believe you can fit around 24 shadows in there without it.