Eye/face shape problem... suggestions?

mysteryflavored

I'm just brimming with questions!

Something I've always struggled with is a very compact face. My eyebrows sit RIGHT on my brow bone, my forehead is tiny, and almost none of my eyelid is actually visible. It looks like I have deep-set eyes, but I don't think that's the case; my eyelid just disappears into my "fold" when I open my eyes, because there's very little room for it to do anything else!

With makeup (JUST macroviolet f/l and mascara on eyes)
003-vi.jpg

Without makeup:
012-vi.jpg

My eyes are kind of downturned, and applying my eyeliner like I did in the first pic really helps with that. It also makes it look like my eyes are deep-set, I guess.
(and yes, my eyebrows need working on, lol)

So with the limited browbone space, a hiding crease, and no eyelid space (eyeliner takes up all of it!), does anybody have any suggestions as to how I should wear my eyeshadow?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I don't really know where to put it!

widdershins

I have similar eyelids to yours and something that I find that really opens up my eyes is a browbone highlight. Right underneath your eyebrow, blend a light shimmery color. Let me know if this helps you like it helped me
smiles.gif

~Crystal~

My eyelid disappears into my fold too!! But that's coz I'm asian I suppose...

Perhaps I'm completely off, but in this case, maybe taking a look at some of the tutorials 'for asian eyes' would help? Our eye shapes are very different of course, but we have a similar problem I think...

Definately do the brow highlight thing- also.. perhaps try to reshape your brows such that you get more of an arch next time you get them done? I'm not talking about anything super dramatic... but maybe take a little more from the bottom of the front of each brow, and a little more from the bottom of where you would like to have more arch as well? Your brows don't look completely straight- I'm sure you could get a little one in there if you tried
smiles.gif
(just a suggestion though!!)

Giving yourself a bit more of an arch would help to lengthen/thin out your face too.

Oh! And wing your liner (it helps if you stretch the skin back a bit as you do it to see where you're going), at a 45 degree angle or so- that really helps with the droopy eyes thing
greengrin.gif