eye makeup help..

jjuicyy

im going back to school soon and i want pretty eyes! lol
smile.gif
ive always had a hard time with eyeliner and mascara...i have tons of it but idk what to do with it. i experiment alot but nothing ever comes out quite how i want it too. all summer ive basically just been wearing a little bit of white eyeliner on the bottom of my eyes to make them pop and i havent really bothered with anything else. heres some picture of my eyes....

6bxdxm9.jpg

68ld6op.jpg

from seeing my eyes..is there anything you could reccommend i do to them to make them look pretty? id love any help you could give.im DESPERATE!

nunu

i think it wod look nice if u line both ur upper n lower waterlines with black eyekohl n line ur upper lashline with blak liner (which u can smudge)

or if ur looking 4 a more natural look u cnt jst apply brown eyeshadow 2 ur eyes n line them with eye pencil..

hope this helps!

friend_of_MAC

If you want to enhance your eyes, use an eyelash curler and Maybelline mascara(I think they are great). Practice, practice, practice is always essential to great application of makeup. I find it easier to apply liquid eyeliner to the top eyelid rather than a pencil. Hope that helps as well.

jjuicyy

thanks for the help! i dont get the TOP waterline thing though.....ive tried that a bunch of times before and i cant open my lid for more than like 1/2 a second and it hurts trying to get it on there. am i doing it wrong or is it just something you have to get used to or............

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuicyy
thanks for the help! i dont get the TOP waterline thing though.....ive tried that a bunch of times before and i cant open my lid for more than like 1/2 a second and it hurts trying to get it on there. am i doing it wrong or is it just something you have to get used to or............

I don't pull my lid up for this look, I just use my angle brush and Blacktrack fluidline and kinda tip the brush at a really severe angle (almost parallel to the face) and dab it in there. I may lightly press on the lid to expose the waterline a bit more sometimes, but not usually.

I find the fluidline/brush easier to use to achieve this look than a pencil, but have used Smolder for this and been fairly happy with the results.

Meanwhile, if you're near a MAC counter, go in and ask for suggestions! I can suggest off the top that you try the brown palette from Smoke Signals, which has some great staples. You could also try All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Tempting. And you should also get Teddy liner, which is a great bronze-y brown with gold fleck- it's great with brown eyes.

melliquor

I have brown eyes and what works for me is purples, greys, blues, and pinks. I love purples and blues.

Beauty Mark

Firstly, your eyes are already pretty
smiles.gif

Secondly, I would line them. I wear Macroviolet and Waveline most of the time (fluidline). It does take some practice, but it's a cinch to apply.

I would follow with some mascara. I recently fell in love (after denying that there was difference between drug store and department store mascara) Bad Gal Lash. It does an amazing job of defining my lashes.

For a little extra "oomph" I usually wear a shimmer wash that's close to the color of my skin. I currently use Urban Decay's Blunt