Eye makeup.

I would like some advice how i should put make-up on my eyes. I have deep wide set dark brown eyes. I would like to know what colours look good with brown eyes. Also how should I apply them to eye shape. I have a problem when i apply eye shadows they always seem to disappear within 2 hours, I don't know why this happends but i would really like them to stay put, any advice?

Ithica

I know alot of people use bases to keep their make up longer (Im not all that clever/experienced) But i always use mac fast response cream and then normally a paint, Bare canvas is a nice natural one to use under shadow, I find it keeps mine on much longer!

Hawkeye

2nd Bare Canvas!

I wrote something on my ebay review but since I can't post a link I'll just copy and paste:

for close set eyes:
Here we are going to use the lightest shade from the inner corner of the eyebrow down to the inner corner of the eye giving the illusion that the eyes are not so close together.

For brown eyes:
Brown eyes: Use shades of gray, soft blue, or violet.

Holly

I have brown eyes too, I find that pinks, purples and greens seem to go really well with my eyecolour. Ive recently been introduced to the MAC shadesticks, I find that they work wonderfully as a base for eyeshadow, and they add a lot more to your eyes too! I put it on from just below my brow to my lash line, and then put my eyeshadow on normally. I used to have the same problem as you, where my eyeshadow came off in a few hours. And with the shadestick, my eyeshadows stay on all day! My fave shadestick colour is beige-ing, simply because it adds a hint of colour above my shadow, and it just adds depth to my whole look I love it!

Thanks for the great advice, i will definalty try them out
rofl.gif

emmyengine

I use Urban Decay Primer Potion to make the colors stay (forever and ever.. okay I exaggerate but it's at least 12 hrs)

Paint (I have Untitled) doesn't work for me :|

I can't help you with the eye-shape because I am Asian, but pinks and purples look good on me, as do golds and the green like in Teal pigment
smiles.gif

Katja

I am Asian (Filipino), with brown eyes, and I find that purples, greens, rusts, and soft blues look good with my eyes. I'm sure skintone is a factor and all that, but this is what works for me.
smiles.gif